TOTAL COUNTRY

This is the place to place any interesting 'alerts' that may be of interest to members.

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

foot-tapper
Supreme Member

TOTAL COUNTRY

Post by foot-tapper » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:32 pm

Anyone with sky tv caught up with Total Country TV Channel on 373. Well worth a look.
Must admit it is much better than the other channel which features a lot of IRISH stuff
Happiness is a voyage - not a destination

kev
Ultimate Member

Re: TOTAL COUNTRY

Post by kev » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:47 am

I dunno, I quite enjoy Keep It Country TV. You're right, there's a lot of Irish music - I can never understand why they'll play a seemingly identi-kit video of an Irish singer standing by a river or hilly view singing an identi-kit cover of a song we all know better by someone else ... why not just paly the original?? :lol: Or they'll be in a bar AND EVERYONE IS DANCING THE SAME JIVE TYPE DANCE!!! It's a different world out there!!

What has amused me most though are the short country music history slots that pop up from time to time. I really have to wonder where they found the narrator. In one, he kept referring to Lefty Frizzell as Lefty Frizzle (rhyming it with grizzle!) but my absolute favourite was in his spiel about Hank Williams. He mentioned 'Kaw-Liga' a number of times but pronounced it "Cor Ligger". OK, it's not the easiest thing to look at and know how to pronounce but for gawd's sake, Hank sings it about 100 times on the flippin' record!!! :lol: :lol:

Moshe
Ultimate Member

Re: TOTAL COUNTRY

Post by Moshe » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:10 am

Maybe he was thinking of Trigger!
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)