Ultimate Member

Re: Country Exclusives 2018

Postby Moshe » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:05 pm

Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:11 pm

Rounding off the Country Comedy segment, another one from the vaults. Slightly homophobic or just camp silly?

On second thoughts, not homophobic at all. It made me smile, anyway!
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:57 am

Grand Theft, The Mayor & The Country Music star
It is not just in the TV Drama series "Nashville" that the Mayor of Music City is involved in dodgy deals and sex scandals, while also having a link to a country music artiste.

Nashville's real life Mayor, Megan Barry, has resigned after it emerged that she, along with her secret lover, her former bodyguard, Rob Forrest, had embezzelled over $11,000 from the city in a property scam. Not sure why she had to resign, as the President has been exposed in far worse crimes and is still hanging in there, but maybe the Nashville Mayor still has a shred of integrity left, a bit like fictional Mayor, Teddy, still languishing in a Nashville jail the last time we saw him.
The Mayor has agreed to pay back $11,000 to the city. Sgt Forrest has also agreed to pay back $45,000 in "overtime" payments. It emerged that this "overtime" was spent in private time with the Mayor, rather than on official duties!
The connection with country music was revealed after Megan Barry's resignation, and again reveals a more honorable side to the dodgy Mayor.
Country singer Maren Morris says she understands why the Mayor had to resign but still feels sad about it as the Mayor really came through for Morris when she was plagued with a threatening stalker. Megan and Sgt Forrest, the Mayor's bodyguard/lover, came through for Morris and handled the issue. "I felt safer as an artiste in Nashville". Morris reveals the Mayor was also something of a music fan, regularly turning up at her Nashville shows.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:05 am

COUNTRY STAR WEIGHS IN ON MARCH FOR OUR LIVES

The tidal wave of a movement calling for sensible gun control in the US that began with High School students in Florida standing up and speaking out after a gun shooting spree at their school continues to gain momentum.
Vowing to vote out any candidate taking money from the NRA, Hundreds of thousands of young people joined the March For Our Lives in Washington DC and other cities demanding gun control legislation.
Tim McGraw has very publicly pledged his support for the movement, saying he has nothing but praise and admiration for these young people. Both Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are long time advocates of gun control.
Meanwhile the gun lobbies NRA Country site devoted to country artistes supporting the NRA has removed the names of all the country artistes who support it from their site!
Meanwhile, country-pop star Taylor Swift also expressed her support for the gun control movement, saying she has made a financial donation to the March For our loves movement & expressing her full support for gun control. This is so far the only political comment the star has made on any topic.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:35 pm

Last night TAYLOR SWIFT went "back to her roots", making a surprise appearance at Nashville's legendary Bluebird Cafe. It was at the Bluebird Cafe that Taylor Swift was discovered by Big Machine's Scott Borchetta when she first came to town in her early teens.
Last night Taylor Swift joined songwriter Craig Wiseman in front of an audience of about 40 music fans. She performed "Shake It Off", "Love Story" and "Better Man" acoustically with accompaniment from Craig.
Swift's appearance at the Bluebird will be included in a documentary film about the famous songwriter's venue currently being made to celebrate its 35th anniversay.

Could Swift's next album be a country outing?
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:51 pm

CARRIE NEW SINGLE, INJURIES HEALING

Carrie Underwood has been having some quiet time, out of the public eye, since her mysterious fall outside her house last November.
Carrie sustained a broken wrist and facial injuries in that fall, and has been keeping out of the spotlight while she heals.
But she has not been inactive. She has been making music and has revealed that she will be "unveiling" the new single Wednesday 11th & will perform it on Sunday on the ACM Awards show.
This will be Carrie's first public appearance since her fall last year.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:13 pm

CROSSOVER SHORTS!

Californian country star CAM teamed up with veteran Motown star Smokey Robinson for a CMT CROSSROADS show on the country music channel.

Elsewhere, Elton John co-writer Bernie Taupin has been making joint radio appearances with country star LEE ANN WOMACK as they promote the new country Elton John tribute album.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:30 am

TOM PAXTON & THE DON JUANS

Veteran folk singer and songwriter Tom Paxton has long had connections with country music. Back in the Sixties Dolly Parton & porter Wagoner had a hit with his song "Last thing On My Mind" and he atributes summers spent at his grandparents farm in Oklahoma for the bit of a twang that often creeps into his songs.
That connection is stregnthened as he tours with two of Nashville's renowned songwriters, Don Henry and Jon Vezner. Jon Vezner is Mr Kathy Mattea at home and among the many hits he has penned was one his wife charted with back in the day, "Where Have you Been?".
Don & Jon are collectively known as the Don Juans and, as well as performing their own songs, they double as Tom Paxton's backing band.
They wil all be performing at the Cadogan Hall in london on thursday 19th april. It should be a good gig!
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby CRoutes » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:44 am

Moshe wrote:CARRIE NEW SINGLE, INJURIES HEALING

Carrie Underwood has been having some quiet time, out of the public eye, since her mysterious fall outside her house last November.

I guess you've been streaming Queen Carrie's new single https://open.spotify.com/track/47gqRMoI ... xSv6tK__Fg
Have you bought it? It debuted at #1 on UK Country iTunes (#38 all genres) and is #2 on US iTunes overall.
A massive moment at the ACMs this weekend when she performs it? The Americans sure love OTT!

Written with “Love Junkies” Hillary Lindsey, Lori McKenna and Liz Rose.
:o It's even got the thumbs up from Saving Country Music 8/10 (expressive, heartfelt, and enriching songs closer akin to country’s roots, and something you can’t call at least a curve in the right direction)

Oh no, you can’t dress it up in lace or rhinestones
It don't matter if you're in a crowd or home all alone
Yeah, it's all the same when you're looking in the mirror
A picture of pain, so let it flow like a river

It's a big performance, but far too OTT for me. Has me reaching for the MUTE button by the end of the track.
Just too big a noise and far too overpowering. :? No No No No No No, you can't cry.... pretty, yeah DISCUSS
Visit Country Routes News Blog (News on Indes/ Mainstream/ Charts/ UK News & Live Gig & Concert dates) https://countryroutesnews.blogspot.co.uk/
CRoutes

Postby Moshe » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:00 pm

BANK ROBBER: "I DID IT FOR TAYLOR SWIFT!"

26 Year old Bruce Rowley, from Conneticut is a Taylor Swift fan. And he has a crush on her. He drove 60 miles to her home in Rhode Island to propose.
But he thought he needed to impress her. So he robbed a bank, and when he got to her mansion threw cash over the fence "to impress her".
Sounds like it has all the ingredients of a classic country song right there. Maybe Taylor swift will write it.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:07 pm

CRoutes wrote:

I guess you've been streaming Queen Carrie's new single https://open.spotify.com/track/47gqRMoI ... xSv6tK__Fg
Have you bought it? It debuted at #1 on UK Country iTunes (#38 all genres) and is #2 on US iTunes overall.
A massive moment at the ACMs this weekend when she performs it? The Americans sure love OTT!

:o It's even got the thumbs up from Saving Country Music 8/10 (expressive, heartfelt, and enriching songs closer akin to country’s roots, and something you can’t call at least a curve in the right direction)

It's a big performance, but far too OTT for me. Has me reaching for the MUTE button by the end of the track.
Just too big a noise and far too overpowering. :? No No No No No No, you can't cry.... pretty, yeah DISCUSS

I only had a chance to listen to this once, so far. I listened last night, will have another listen this evening. Instantly memorable, it is a big power ballad as you would expect from Carrie, with some rock guitar thrown in there. But, yes, a step in a country-ish direction, perhaps.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:27 pm

Moshe wrote:
CRoutes wrote:

I only had a chance to listen to this once, so far. I listened last night, will have another listen this evening. Instantly memorable, it is a big power ballad as you would expect from Carrie, with some rock guitar thrown in there. But, yes, a step in a country-ish direction, perhaps.

Very much liking this. a natural hit. US Country radio is so silly these days, don't know if it will be massive there. But a big tune. Single of the year.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:28 am

The ACM Awards taking place this Sunday is probably the biggest Not All country Non Event on the horizon.
The list of nominees meaningless and totally male dominated. The mandatory inclusion of Chris Stapleton in every category is their weak attempt at credibility and pretence that they include a roots music artiste.
Another Bro fest of Self Congratulations.

I am not a huge fan of the CMA Awards Shows, nor the unimaginative nominations there. But at least it tends to be a better show with some good performances and Brad 7 Carrie can be amusing, however cheesy.
And as there is a mainstream country awards show (CMA) why the need for the ACM's?
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby CRoutes » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:39 pm

Moshe wrote:I am not a huge fan of the CMA Awards Shows, nor the unimaginative nominations there. But at least it tends to be a better show with some good performances and Brad 7 Carrie can be amusing, however cheesy.
And as there is a mainstream country awards show (CMA) why the need for the ACM's?

MISSION: “Improving lives by connecting fans, artists and the industry.” That’s the overriding mission of the Academy of Country Music---whether through the annual ACM Awards show or the organization’s charitable arm, ACM Lifting Lives. In the 50-plus years since its inception, the Academy has grown from a regional Southern California trade organization to a national powerhouse dedicated to a higher purpose.

It's both a membership and fan voting awards to determine the nominees.
Many see it as a benchmark for the CMAs later in the year.
I agree about the male domination, so many of today's male mainstream acts have little appeal to me but the general consensus is far different I imagine.

Its biggest role is it gives artists a means to showcase new material with a BIG TV audience. Will the yanks go into meltdown after Carrie Underwood's performance. She didn't release the new single less than a week before the ACMs for nothing. Will it sell/stream as big as Sam Hunt's 5 x Platinum 'BLABR'
Visit Country Routes News Blog (News on Indes/ Mainstream/ Charts/ UK News & Live Gig & Concert dates) https://countryroutesnews.blogspot.co.uk/
CRoutes

PreviousNext

Return to Worldwide Country Music