Country Routes News Blog of The Week

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Re: Country Routes News Blog of The Week

Postby livewire » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:15 am

BILLBOARD CHART NEWS

Country Billboard Chart News May 22, 2017 - BLOG POST
Zac Brown Band, Sam Hunt and Luke Combs land the No1s
Zac Brown Band and Colter Wall debut albums.

Dierks Bentley Collects 3rd #1 off BLACK in 1 Year - BLOG POST

Country Billboard Chart News May 29, 2017 - BLOG POST
Chris Stapleton, Sam Hunt, Brett Young and Lauren Duski land the No1s
Rascal Flatts and Sam Grow debut new albums. Pokey Lafarge, The Empty Pockets, The Steel Woods & Jake Worthington fall short of Top 50 Top Country Albums list.

Country Billboard Chart News June 5, 2017 - BLOG POST
RIAA May Certifications, Chris Stapleton, Sam Hunt & Brett Young land the No1s. Various Artists with Gentle Giants: The Songs Of Don Williams falls short of the Top 50

Darius Rucker scores eighth No. 1 with “If I Told You” to cap off momentous CMA FEST WEEK - BLOG POST

Country Billboard Chart News June 12, 2017 - BLOG POST
Luke Combs, Sam Hunt & Darius Rucker land the No1s. Wheeler Walker Jr. debuts. Brian Davis and A Thousand Horses fall short of the Billboard Top 50 Country albums.

Expanded PRESS RELEASES / UK COUNTRY NEWS

UKCountryRadio.com announce the 2017 UK Country Music Awards Nominees + launch their search for Greatest Groups - BLOG POST

Eric Church ‘sets the bar for country concerts’ on HOLDIN’ MY OWN TOUR - BLOG POST

Lady Antebellum “Looks Good” on World Tour - BLOG POST

Bobby Bare speaks about each song from his album "Things Change" - BLOG POST

Imelda May releases new single 'Girl I Used To Be' - BLOG POST

NRA Country names Gretchen Wilson as featured artist for June - BLOG POST

Lady Antebellum shares HEART BREAK w/ NPR First Listen - BLOG POST

Sandra Lynn returns with new single for Summer, “Hey California” - BLOG POST

Danielle Bradbery debuts "Sway" new music out now! - BLOG POST

Temecula Road release new single “Hoping” following world premiere on Radio Disney Country Spotlight - BLOG POST | http://bit.ly/2s1Kx7O

Bobby Osborne 10 track album ORIGINAL is out now BLOG POST

Kasey Tyndall’s “Everything Is Texas” garners a quarter million streams on Spotify - BLOG POST

Jessica Lynn summer long European/ UK tour - BLOG POST

Jessie James Decker releases Live EP — Blackbird Sessions — on June 9 BLOG POST

Drake Jensen & Patrick Masse release single "Go Your Own Way" #Goyourownway - BLOG POST

Noisey publishes essay on Chris Stapleton's From A Room - BLOG POST

Erin Rae releases new track 'Like The First Time' & June UK tour announced - BLOG POST

Historic Ryman Auditorium unveils Lifesize statues of Little Jimmy Dickens and Bill Monroe - BLOG POST

Sara Evans and ONEHOPE Launch Signature Series Limited Edition Wine benefitting CMA Foundation - BLOG POST

2017 (CMT) Country Music Television Awards: WINNERS - BLOG POST
Keith Urban wins big, Carrie Underwood makes history

Kelsea Ballerini unveils heart-melting new single “Legends” out June 7 - BLOG POST

Jess And The Bandits are back! New UK Tour dates & New Album: Preorder Smoke & Mirrors! - BLOG POST

Shannon McNally - BLACK IRISH is out - BLOG POST

VIDEO: Lady Antebellums' HEART BREAK Hotel (14 June 2017 Green Room)- BLOG POST

British Country artist Fiona Culley signs with WME, in2une Music, C2 Media Relations - BLOG POST

Denny Strickland Releases Video For 'We Don't Sleep' - BLOG POST

Morgan Evans Mash-Up Video & UK Tour - BLOG POST

Callaghan: Interviews, New music and UK Tour! - BLOG POST
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:29 pm

Nice item on imelda may. I really like her current single "The Girl I Used To Be". She seems to be going more into that Americana territory.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby kev » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:09 am

livewire wrote:Rodeo Norfolk (BBC Radio Norfolk):
The great Country Debate: Traditional v Modern (Feature)
Out with the OLD and in with the New? BLOG POST

Thinking back to this and the fact that Kate Brewster was featured heavily on one show in mid April, I was interested (alarmed??) to hear that she will be sitting in for Keith Greentree for one of the weeks he's on holiday. Remembering how awful her choices of music were ("Sam Hunt ... he's a lyrical genius, a huge talent"), I'm just hoping that she's not being lined-up to be the full time replacement for him if he decides to retire ...
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:55 am

kev wrote:Thinking back to this and the fact that Kate Brewster was featured heavily on one show in mid April, I was interested (alarmed??) to hear that she will be sitting in for Keith Greentree for one of the weeks he's on holiday. Remembering how awful her choices of music were ("Sam Hunt ... he's a lyrical genius, a huge talent"), I'm just hoping that she's not being lined-up to be the full time replacement for him if he decides to retire ...

Hi Kev, Yes that radio special was great radio. Spoke with Duncan Warwick at C2C and he said he was hammered by listeners for his views and that as a editor of a country magazine he was actually coming across as putting people off country music. He again said himself that he was being referred to as Victor Mildrew!
More people seemed to be on Kate's side.
I sit somewhere in the middle of the great divide. There is NO country show where I like everything but you'll hope to hear songs that appeal.
Going by the number of Get Well messages on Rodeo and people in Hospital a lot of Keith's audience will be the over 60s. He does branch out musically and his Radio figures surprisingly have increased despite the Chris Country Radio promo assault and mopping up listeners and artists by the 100s.

Like you I can't stand the latest Sam Hunt single. However thanks to the way the charts are compiled with streaming consumption included he now has the 2nd longest Hot Country songs #1 in history with just FGL in his sights. It's also been the #1 country digital seller for 19-weeks selling over 1-million. In the UK the single has been top 10 on iTunes. So there are a LOT of people that like it.

"I just know Kate will be good, she has the right feel for the music" - Keith Greentree
She was with him in the studio before Keith went on holiday. Kate comes across as a really lovely person.
It will be her presenter debut on radio when she sits in for Keith soon. Not heard anything about Keith retiring?

Not sure she'll convert the Rodeo traditionalists yourself, Edward, Len, Richard E to Sam Hunt or Lady Antebellum. Someone took a swipe at the Maren Morris spin on Keith's last show despite her army of young UK fans.
Kate was given a copy of Country Music People in December and I've heard she is now a subscriber and liking some of the artists flagged up by Duncan.
You may be pleasantly surprised and I guessed right about the freebie album Keith has passed on to her to play. You might say its a "secret".
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:13 am

livewire wrote:Image

kev wrote:Thinking back to this and the fact that Kate Brewster was featured heavily on one show in mid April, I was interested (alarmed??) to hear that she will be sitting in for Keith Greentree for one of the weeks he's on holiday. Remembering how awful her choices of music were ("Sam Hunt ... he's a lyrical genius, a huge talent"), I'm just hoping that she's not being lined-up to be the full time replacement for him if he decides to retire ...

Hi Kev, Yes that radio special was great radio. Spoke with Duncan Warwick at C2C and he said he was hammered by listeners for his views and that as a editor of a country magazine he was actually coming across as putting people off country music. He again said himself that he was being referred to as Victor Mildrew!
More people seemed to be on Kate's side.
I sit somewhere in the middle of the great divide. There is NO country show where I like everything but you'll hope to hear songs that appeal.
Going by the number of Get Well messages on Rodeo and people in Hospital a lot of Keith's audience will be the over 60s. He does branch out musically and his Radio figures surprisingly have increased despite the Chris Country Radio promo assault and mopping up listeners and artists by the 100s.

Like you I can't stand the latest Sam Hunt single. However thanks to the way the charts are compiled with streaming consumption included he now has the 2nd longest Hot Country songs #1 in history with just FGL in his sights. It's also been the #1 country digital seller for 19-weeks selling over 1-million. In the UK the single has been top 10 on iTunes. So there are a LOT of people that like it.

"I just know Kate will be good, she has the right feel for the music" - Keith Greentree
She was with him in the studio before Keith went on holiday. Kate comes across as a really lovely person.
It will be her presenter debut on radio when she sits in for Keith soon. Not heard anything about Keith retiring?

Not sure she'll convert the Rodeo traditionalists yourself, Edward, Len, Richard E to Sam Hunt or Lady Antebellum. Someone took a swipe at the Maren Morris spin on Keith's last show despite her army of young UK fans.
Kate was given a copy of Country Music People in December and I've heard she is now a subscriber and liking some of the artists flagged up by Duncan.
You may be pleasantly surprised and I guessed right about the freebie album Keith has passed on to her to play. You might say its a "secret".

Obviously I'm not saying KG IS retiring I just think it's weird that suddenly this random woman is all over the country show (she works at the local dog home and appears from time to time during the week trying to house dogs). Makes me think of when they were announcing a new presenter on Blue Peter: John Noakes and co went off to a disco (!!??) and the DJ showed some moves. Next week he was announced as the new presenter. Feels like the same here! P*sses me off - I wanted the job!!!

I haven't heard anything new from Sam Hunt, I usually turn the radio off when it's him, FGL, Bryant, etc. I keep hoping someone will invent a radio that you can programme to turn off or retune when selected artists appear!
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:22 am

BILLBOARD CHART NEWS

Country Billboard Chart News June 19, 2017 - BLOG POST
Lady Antebellum, Sam Hunt and Dan + Shay land the No1s. Lady Antebellum, Various Artists with Now That's What I Call Country Volume 10, Glen Campbell, The Secret Sisters, Jessie James Decker debut albums. Ray Scott and Chris Janson fall short of top 50 Country albums. New releases from Jessica Rose, Amanda Anne Platt & The Honeycutters, Trea Landon

CC Smugglers new single ‘Dirty Money’ + UK Oct/Nov Tour - BLOG POST

Webster Public Relations celebrates 16 Clients on Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Country Artists - BLOG POST

Ashley McBryde Grand Ole Opry debut - BLOG POST

Shania Twain releases new single Life’s About to Get Good and announces new album NOW - BLOG POST
What Do You Think to Shania Twain's new single “Life’s About to Get Good”? Have Your Say and Vote :wink:

Mountain Fever Records releases new music from Summer Brooke And The Mountain Faith Band - BLOG POST

Chase Rice inks new deal with BBR Music GROUP/BMG - BLOG POST

Lady Antebellum's Heart Break pulls the top spot, marking fifth #1 Debut | Lady A's US & UK Chart history revealed = DECLINING SALES - BLOG POST

BOBBY OSBORNE AT BONNAROO - BLOG POST

Kim Robins bluegrass album Raining in Baltimore out July 21st - BLOG POST

The Americans new album I'll Be Yours out on Loose 7 July - BLOG POST

Kip Moore “Leaves It On The Table” with upcoming 3rd Album SLOWHEART - available Sept 8 - BLOG POST

Kenny Rogers Receives Special Award from The Smithsonian - BLOG POST

Country Radio Broadcasters Induct the Class of 2017 into the Country Radio Hall of Fame - BLOG POST

Nashville Nights - Friday June 30th feat: American Young - BLOG POST

Donegal singer Jacqui Sharkey releases new single The Whole Of The Moon - BLOG POST

Canadian singer-songwriter Elyse Saunders with Roar Records Inc. proudly release single RISE inspired by Canadian Equestrian Olympian Jessica Phoenix - BLOG POST
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:42 am

SMITHFIELD’S sultry new single “When You’re Gone” available now - BLOG POST

Jillian Jacqueline releases confident song “Bleachers” - BLOG POST

Christina Martin announces new single ‘Lungs Are Burning’ | On Tour in UK - BLOG POST

Dierks Bentley hits radio airwaves with new single WHAT THE HELL DID I SAY - BLOG POST

Dallas songstress Adrian Johnston releases "Adult Beverages" to radio - BLOG POST

More Country Music Week shows announced for the UK in October - BLOG POST
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:23 am

RADIO WAVES

Radio Presenter Spotlight - Roger Peck - BLOG POST

Radio Presenter Spotlight – Dave Watkins - BLOG POST

BILLBOARD CHART NEWS
Country Billboard Chart News June 26, 2017 - BLOG POST
Jason Isbell, Sam Hunt and Florida Georgia Line land the No1s. Jason Isbell, Steve Earle and the Dukes, Eli Young Band debut albums. Falling short of Top 50 Albums: Jon Wolfe, The Dustbowl Revival, Adam Doleac, Grant Maloy Smith and Gretchen Wilson and Sweet Tea Trio

Sons of the Palomino - Sons of the Palomino: Album feature & review - BLOG POST

NRA Country names Lucas Hoge as featured artist for July BLOG POST

Folk Star Ruarri Joseph’s new rock project William The Conqueror announce UK Tour - BLOG POST

Singer /Songwriter Amanda Cooksey shares a video of her song “My America” for Fourth Of July - BLOG POST
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:31 pm

RADIO WAVES

Radio Waves: Radio Presenter Spotlight – Joe Singleton "Red Rose Country" - BLOG POST

BILLBOARD CHART NEWS
Country Billboard Chart News July 3, 2017 - BLOG POST
Chris Stapleton, Sam Hunt and Blake Shelton land the No1s. Various artists - Mud Digger 8 debuts falling short of the Top 50.

Expanded PRESS RELEASES + FASHION

Morgan Wallen to make Grand Ole Opry debut July 7 - BLOG POST

2017 Country Music Television Awards FASHION - BLOG POST

Country Singer/Songwriter, Rachel Lipsky, releases new single, “Dancin’ in the Neon” - BLOG POST

Lady Antebellum channel Shania Twain in concert who reveals the tracklist of her album Now out September 29th -
BLOG POST
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:35 am

RADIO WAVES
Radio Waves: Radio Presenter Spotlight - Craig Parry "The Moonshine Experience" - BLOG POST

Expanded PRESS RELEASES

Brad Paisley, CMA, Spotify partner with Hostess Brands for Summer giveaway - BLOG POST

Darius Rucker: Still Experiencing Things “For The First Time” - BLOG POST

Stunning debut from US singer-songwriter JoAnna Lee could seriously be your song of the summer - BLOG POST

Miranda Lambert’s album The Weight Of These Wings certified Platinum (1-million units) - BLOG POST
It got the headline SONY and Miranda wanted. Has it sold 1-million? NO Has it sold 500,000? NO. It's sold 368,000 and will probably take 5 years+ to sell 1-million. The Weight of These Wings physical 2-CD is currently priced at $15.88 so more like buy one get one free, hardly twice as difficult to sell!
Rules are rules find out how this Double Album was Double Weighted and some!

Thomas Rhett earns second No.1 of 2017 with Craving You - BLOG POST

Country premiere Jess & The Bandit's video for Kings of Summer - BLOG POST

More acts announced - Country Music Week (London) presale tickets available - BLOG POST

Logan Mize delivers album COME BACK ROAD on July 28 - BLOG POST

FSA Festival 2017 will bring the country festival party on 28 – 30, July 2017 - BLOG POST
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:32 am

BILLBOARD CHART NEWS
Country Billboard Chart News July 10, 2017 - BLOG POST
Chris Stapleton, Thomas Rhett feat. Maren Morris & Sam Hunt land the No1s. Top country sales for the first halve of 2017.

RADIO WAVES
Radio Waves: Radio Presenter Spotlight - Dean and Sheena Listen to Sample show - BLOG POST

Expanded PRESS RELEASES

Lewis Brice releases Self-Titled debut EP - BLOG POST

Brandy Clark releases outtake from Big Day In A Small Town, “You’re Drunk” - BLOG POST

British powerhouse Fiona Culley’s debut US radio single “Act Like A Lady” out now - BLOG POST

Debut artist Jillian Cardarelli shines with "Rerun" release - BLOG POST

New To You Artist Spotlight: Ashliegh Lisset - BLOG POST

New To You Spotlight: UK Folk/Americana duo Ferris & Sylvester - BLOG POST

Dylan Scott scores first career #1 with “My Girl” - BLOG POST

Kenny Rogers announces star-studded concert in Nashville celebrating 60-Year career - BLOG POST
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:27 am

BILLBOARD CHART NEWS

Rhonda Vincent and Daryle Singletary debut at No.1 on Billboard Bluegrass Albums Chart - BLOG POST

Country Billboard Chart News July 17, 2017 - BLOG POST
Chris Stapleton, Sam Hunt & Dylan Scott land the No1s. Parker McCollum debuts but falls short of the top 50.
Charley Pride (780,000 Facebook likes; 70 million records sold worldwide) debuts but fails to chart with 300 sales! :?

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT + FREE DOWNLOAD

New To You: UK based Sabrina Maria offers FREE download track Blank Canvas - BLOG POST
Last edited by livewire on Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:53 am

livewire wrote:Charley Pride (80,000 Facebook likes; 70 million records sold worldwide) debuts but fails to chart with 300 sales! :?

The amount of talk I've seen about that album online I would have expected it to have sold thousands of copies!! Can only guess people are listening on Spotify, etc., and, possibly, downloading illegally! I was surprised to hear on the news recently about the huge numbers of people recording off Spotify ... I didn't know you could! The same article then went on to talk about the free recording software available to download off the interweb ... Talk about handing it to people on a plate!!
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:00 pm

kev wrote:
livewire wrote:Charley Pride (80,000 Facebook likes; 70 million records sold worldwide) debuts but fails to chart with 300 sales! :?

The amount of talk I've seen about that album online I would have expected it to have sold thousands of copies!! Can only guess people are listening on Spotify, etc., and, possibly, downloading illegally! I was surprised to hear on the news recently about the huge numbers of people recording off Spotify ... I didn't know you could! The same article then went on to talk about the free recording software available to download off the interweb ... Talk about handing it to people on a plate!!

What news programme was that on Kev?
I'm queried some music that some UK radio presenters were playing as not released to the UK or available to purchase on digital platforms. Turns out that they were playing Spotify tracks and that there is DJ software that can queue up Spotify tracks.
Unless you have Spotify Premium its pretty pointless recording the tracks.
I can only guess that such software comes attached with Spyware/ Adware. I was told last year by an artist (struggling to sell music) that there were loads of YouTube ripper software. All of those when googled spoke of possible Spyware/ Malware. Surely not worth the risk of infecting your computer.
The BBC must have found a safe one for the "I got it from YouTube" Rodeo Norfolk spins!

I've done a disservice to Charley Pride he doesn't have 80,000 but 800,000 Facebook Followers. So 0.00375% bought his new album Music in My Heart.

Entertainment Tonight reveals Bailey Bryan's So Far Sessions - BLOG POST

Morgan Evans releases debut worldwide single 'Kiss Somebody' - BLOG POST
Kelsea Ballerini told fans she was going to take a break from Twitter (due to people being nasty to each other on her feed) but returned yesterday to post about her boyfriends new single.
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:01 pm

Expanded PRESS RELEASES

Faster Horses Festival’s monumental spirit shines during fifth anniversary celebration - BLOG POST

Blake Shelton and The Oak Ridge Boys get 'Animated' in "Doing It to Country Songs" - BLOG POST

Rascal Flatts score sentimental 17th Career No1 with “Yours If You Want It” - BLOG POST

Ashley McBryde’s “A Little Dive Bar In Dahlonega” video premieres on CMT - BLOG POST

Radio Waves: Radio Presenter Spotlight – Megan O’Neill - BLOG POST

ICYMI: Sara Evans and daughter Olivia perform on “Live With Kelly and Ryan” - BLOG POST

Kellie Pickler to join Phil Vassar for special Holiday Tour :xmas37: :merry_xmas: & new Christmas Single “The Naughty List” - BLOG POST

Darius Rucker announces long-awaited fifth studio album, When Was The Last Time, Oct. 20 - BLOG POST

Sons Of The Palomino to make Grand Ole Opry debut on July 29th - BLOG POST

Kelsea Ballerini reveals new album title and release date on Good Morning America - BLOG POST

Wexford singer songwriter Donna Marie Sludds releases feel-good single Life Is Good - BLOG POST
livewire

Supreme Member

PreviousNext

Return to Worldwide Country Music