Downloads or real CDs?

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Downloads or real CDs?

Postby Bambino » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi all!

Bit of a weird question maybe, but do you download your music or buy the actual real CDs? Of course I've been raised mostly in the digital era, so downloading is fairly natural, but some (usually older) music is really hard to find... I was looking for something today and couldn't find it for the life of me, so I got to thinking about this haha. So again, the question: downloading or buying the actual CD? :)
“We do not need to get good laws to restrain bad people. We need to get good people to restrain us from bad laws.”
― G.K. Chesterton
Bambino

Newbie Member

Re: Downloads or real CDs?

Postby kev » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:42 pm

Some and some, though I'm more likely to download these days .... just too many CDs lying around to want too many more!
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby lo&m » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:47 pm

CDs for this ol' fossil. Just dabbling my toes in the download waters with freebies, though I did buy one track recently.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby Bambino » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:37 pm

Ha, kind of similar for me :) I'll usually download, but sometimes I'll get my hands on voucher codes or whatever from sites like this one, and I'll treat myself to an actual, touchable CD!
“We do not need to get good laws to restrain bad people. We need to get good people to restrain us from bad laws.”
― G.K. Chesterton
Bambino

Newbie Member

Postby Moshe » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:11 pm

I mostly download these days, but I still purchase CDs.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:26 pm

With Amazon introducing complete your purchase (CD) to add the MP3 version to your Cloud Player is this a move to get people buying the physical product?

Are the MP3 cloud tracks downloadable and if so what it the bitstream quality?
If its 320 kbps for £1 or so extra seems well worth buying the CD.
I've bought MP3's inthe past from Amazon that were only 192kbps which is poor

I'm not keen on hearing MP3 streamed through HI FI. They sound thin which is hardly surprising when music is compressed to hell from the master.
I have 25 - 30 year old Chrome and Metal cassette tapes which sound better and warmer.
Considering the expense of recording in studio its a wonder the artists are happy who only offer downloads only.
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Hillbilly Carl » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:09 pm

As a collector of country music from all over the world, i wherever possible buy the Vinyl and CD albums soley for the purpose of having the originals, plus i do enjoy reading the sleeve / insert notes which i find with some downloads you don't get, so i guess Real CDs and Vinyls are my preference
Hillbilly Carl

Newbie Member

Postby PeterJD » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:49 am

Bit of everything for me, I stream stuff via spotify, I buy MP3's, usually of UK artists that dont have a physical CD, so thats via sources like bandcamp, but I buy more CD's than anything. The latest purchase is Jess Roberts ep.
Ask forgiveness, not permission.
PeterJD

Supreme Member

Return to Saloon