NEW ORIGINAL SONG

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

NEW ORIGINAL SONG

Postby pedadee » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:58 pm

HI FAIRLY NEW AT SONGWRITING SO ANY CONSTRUCTIVE OR CITICAL "BE NICEPLEASE" COMMENTS WOULD BE APRECIATED
THANKS
PETE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go3HlwAT9as
Last edited by pedadee on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pedadee

Re: NEW ORIGINAL SONG

Postby Space Cowboy » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:47 am

I'm no 'Muso' so can't comment in correct musical terms.
I like the lyrics and was enjoying the song/sound for a while but then it sort of got monotonous.
Waylon Jennings.
" Don't take credit for what's written in the stars,
....... and don't apologise for who you are "
Space Cowboy

Supreme Member

Postby lo&m » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:53 pm

There's nothing wrong with the arrangement. It has a modern country vibe to it, which is good. I found the lyrics of the second verse to be a bit 'clunky' though. For example, you sang "give yourself five and then you can wear it"? Did you include that line because it fits in or because it meant something? I suspect the former.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby pedadee » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:15 pm

thanks for the comments lads appreciate it
that particular line is meant to mean well done and "wear youre dream" is when it comes true
cheers again
pedadee

Postby lo&m » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:00 pm

I see. I'm not trying to pick faults but if you have to explain what a line means it probably wasn't written well in the first place. Don't give up though. Please continue to share your songs with us.
lo&m

Postby pedadee » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:12 am

words mean a lot of things to different people interpritation is with whoever is listening if it makes sense to one it might not make it for someone else ,songs are mostly inspirationl spur of the moment if you like sometimes it takes a bit of thought to understand what a song is about, sometimes its a personal thing the fact that it raised a few comments is lovely i,m just an average joe enjoyin what i do and if you like it great if you dont i wont get upset about it each to there own i will get a bit more experience out of you for youre comments good or bad so for me i cant lose god luv this forum and once again thanks for youre time
pedadee

Postby lo&m » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:02 pm

Hey, I'm not having a go at you, Pete. I think it's great when people put their songs out in front of the public. Long may you do so.
Let's change the subject slightly and tell me about the Youtube track itself. Did you play the instruments yourself or use a computer program? If you played the instruments, can you read music and did you write the melody or borrow it? If you used a program, how much of it was down to you and how much to the program?
lo&m

Postby pedadee » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:10 am

nice one love the fact that you actually listened to the song and the track ,because of circumstances that i wont bore you with i did write the song and the melody and because i aint got acceess to boss muso's which would be fantastic, so i do what i can do with what ive got i do play guitar and some of of it was me but on the whole it was samples ya see its nice to have a lot of mates that are prepared to spend time with ya but if you aint then you do the best you can because if you have an idea for a song ya dont wanna wait six months to find guys to help you get it on life is to short specially at my time o life
thanks for youre interest
pedadee

Postby Wye Creek Music » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Once upon a time someone asked Phil Collins what a particular line meant in one of his hits ..... he said '"Its just a song.. it doesn't mean anything!"
Bringing you Great Music at a Great Price
http://www.wyecreekmusic.com

Supporting original music
http://www.songwriterradio.org
Wye Creek Music

Postby lo&m » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:13 pm

i did write the song and the melody and because i aint got acceess to boss muso's which would be fantastic, so i do what i can do with what ive got

Same here. I dont have access to boss musos either. (Tbh, I'm not sure whether 'boss' means 'good' or is a reference to the electronics company.) You'll find my songs on this page too. I play them live at folk clubs/open mics.
lo&m

Postby pedadee » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:09 pm

funnily enough i do use a boss 600 to mix myself guitar and samples makes it a lot easier to lay down ideas quickly before their lost in some some unknown part of my brain
pedadee

Return to Singer/Songwriter