Lyrics to a song by Kenny Rogers(?)

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Lyrics to a song by Kenny Rogers(?)

Postby superpippo » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:41 pm

I am not sure whether this is the right forum to ask this , but recently I heard a song by Kenny Rogers (I think!) which isn't really what I would describe as country music but i want to get a copy of it.

The lyrics start;
If I were a painting captured on canvas, alone in the portrait...
and include;
If I were a painting my price would be pain and the artist would be you.. It's only the frame that holds me together or else I'd be falling apart...

Can any of you knowledgeable people help me with its title and whether it is on an album?
superpippo

Newbie Member

Postby lillypodsparrot » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:06 pm

Hiya Superpippo, Welcome to this forum. The title of the song you are looking for is indeed by Kenny Rogers: 'If I were a painting' and has recently been recorded by a British Country singer 'Glenn Rogers' (no relation) I do believe both Kenny's and Glenn's albums can be obtained by mail order via: 'Roots Country Music' 0151 488 0678 ask for 'Big Norm'. I recently purchased the Glenn Rogers album from them so I know for defo they have that one in stock.
Country Music Was Always Meant To Be Fun .... Wasn't It !!!!
lillypodsparrot

Postby Carol Douglas » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:18 pm

Superpippo,
If you simply paste the title of any song into a Google search, followed by the word lyrics, it brings many of them up right away, particularly if the title is quite unusual.
Below is the link for the ones you want.
Carol. :wink:
http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/ ... 4F00062CC4
Carol Douglas

Postby lillypodsparrot » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:22 pm

I have just had the backing trax completed from scratch by 'skytrucker' off this forum for the same song and I have to say it's almost near to the original audio track. Willie Nelson has also recorded this song.
Country Music Was Always Meant To Be Fun .... Wasn't It !!!!
lillypodsparrot

Re: Lyrics to a song by Kenny Rogers(?)

Postby Sunny » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:57 pm

It's Kenny Rogers' "If I Were A Painting". It appears in his album "Love Is Strange". Here is the lyrics to If I Were A Painting, which include the words: "If I were a painting, Captured on canvas, Alone in the portrait I would stand".
Sunny

Newbie Member

Return to Singer/Songwriter