NEW RADIO STATION WANTS YOUR ORIGINAL MUSIC

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

NEW RADIO STATION WANTS YOUR ORIGINAL MUSIC

Postby UnsignedRadio.biz » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:11 pm

Hello this is MIke Evans, I previously ran Songwriterradio.org but we had to close that at the end of Sept and now I am running a new internet radio station UnsignedRadio.biz. It does exactly what it says on the tin - promotes ORIGINAL music from unsigned acts and songwriters.

Also of special interest to this forum is that UK Country performer Kel Britton is joining me as a guest presenter of a new country music show called 'Kel's Country Round-Up' .

You can catch Kels show at 7pm every day starting TODAY 12 October.

Also spread the word to any artist / songwriters wanting to be featured on the radio station to submit a track via our special submissions page at http://www.unsignedradio.biz/submit.html

All the best

Mike
UnsignedRadio.biz

Re: NEW RADIO STATION WANTS YOUR ORIGINAL MUSIC

Postby lo&m » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:21 pm

That reminds me, I haven't deleted songwriteradio from my favourites list yet. I'll just away and replace it with this.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby Smudger » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Just been listening to the Kel Britton show - pretty good. I enjoyed some of the Brit country artists like Plain Loco, Henry Smith and Darren Busby and it was good that gig lists were read out in case if you want to go and see any of them. Kel Britton himself is a country singer, half of the duo Brushwood (I believe). The same show is repeated tomorrow night but I'm not sure when the next new programme is on. Worth a listen for some original UK country music.
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby UnsignedRadio.biz » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:53 am

Kel is trying to do a new show each month. But its surprising that we are not getting many uk country acts sending in stuff.

Mike
UnsignedRadio.biz

Postby UnsignedRadio.biz » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Just to tell everyone that the March edition of Kel Brittons Country Round-up on Internet radio station www.UnsignedRadio .Biz features tracks by the following artists :
Pete Redfern
Plain Loco
Brian Hughes
Barry Hope
Clive John
Tennessee
Darren Busby
Dick Damron
Sam Millar
Stubby
Wayne Jacobs
Dave Sheriff

Please Listen In. Everyone complains theres not enough Country Music on the radio – well , support those who ARE promoting it.

The show is broadcast at 8pm UK each day.

Any country acts with ORIGINAL music not covers are welcome to send in tracks - check the submit page on the website http://www.unsignedradio.biz/submit.html
UnsignedRadio.biz

Postby lo&m » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:36 pm

BBC Radio Humberside has a similar program, giving airtime to unsigned artists. Mostly S/S, Rootsy and/or post punk indie bands. They have no trouble soliciting tracks and live sessions. So, why is it that performers of other genres are eager to market their work but country acts (in general*) are not? I don't know the answer to that; it's just something I've noticed.

*Yes, there are, of course, country acts who do understand marketing, but they're not the ones Mike is aiming for.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby xXhayleyellenXx » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:08 am

Have uploaded two tracks for you to consider - one is my own song and another is a one I recorded vocals on with a project I'm working with who are looking for exposure. Thanks!
xXhayleyellenXx

Return to Singer/Songwriter