Singer/Songwriter Nights - Greater Manchester

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Singer/Songwriter Nights - Greater Manchester

Postby garyjpquinn » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:59 am

Hi
Just want to put the feelers out to folks in this forum to get their thoughts on acoustic singer-songwriter nights in Greater Manchester Area. Priortiy and focus would be on original songs with little or no covers.

I plan to run such an event in Oct in Atherton on a Wednesday as a one off with a view of doing it monthly depending on the success of the first gig. I plan to host the night and invite 2-3 other guest singer-songwriters (country/folk etc) to perform but there would also be an 'Open Mic' section for those that wanted to get involved. Preferably people would get in touch prior to the gig and slots could be given on a first come first serve basis but it would also act as a screening process so suitable acts would be given the slots (in the interest of quality and genre ie this is not going to be a rock/jam night).

The venue is accessible, spacious with a stage, serves food daily and the beer's not bad either!

There would be no cover charge and all would be welcome ie listeners and performers. With those wanting to just turn up and play it might be best to get in touch first (like mentioned earlier) or visit a gig and and introduce yourself to be given priority for the next gig. Bands would be welcome but would have to be unplugged.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated..
Regards
Gary Quinn
http://www.facebook.com/GaryQuinnMusic
garyjpquinn

Re: Singer/Songwriter Nights - Greater Manchester

Postby CJ » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Sounds good to me
CJ

Supreme Member

Postby garyjpquinn » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:41 pm

Cheers CJ, do you think its something country fans would support in the greater manchester area?
garyjpquinn

Postby CJ » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:42 pm

Not too sure. There's only 1 country club in Manchester, and they're mostly into linedancing. There's 2 in Bury, only one in Bolton now, 1 in Heywood and I reckon that's about it. Maybe it will have to be a case of suck it and see.
CJ

Supreme Member

Postby thatguycraig » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:02 am

id be up for that! a great way to allow existing country fans to listen to good music, to introduce country to newbies, and also allow artists to grow their fan base.

may be a slow starter, but with some good promotion (im a freelance designer, so i could do posters etc) would be a good thing
Lets get a little mud on the tires....
thatguycraig

Newbie Member

Postby jimmydole » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:58 pm

Sounds great, definitely interested!!
jimmydole

Newbie Member

Postby JP Slidewell » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:42 am

Yeah! Well up for this! Would love to come and play - sounds just what is needed! Call me on 07984 743294
JP Slidewell

Newbie Member

Return to Singer/Songwriter