Bob Harris

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Re: Bob Harris

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:10 am

True, but on this occasion I enjoyed listening to the man behind the face and voice.
Waylon Jennings.
" Don't take credit for what's written in the stars,
....... and don't apologise for who you are "
Space Cowboy

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:33 pm

Bob's got The Roys in session on Thursday's show.
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:25 am

kev wrote:Bob's got The Roys in session on Thursday's show.

Caught the show from 7:30PM on the bus from Tooting to Wimbledon. Made for a great journey through a dull south London. I had to turn off at ten to eight as I went in a supermarket & reception of the radio on my phone took a dive. I'll listen again to the whole show online. Impressed with the Roys
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby kev » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:07 am

Ol' Bobbie spoke about some of the sessions he's got lined up for the new year - Tom Russell, Vince Gill, Connie Smith, Clint Black, and a Reba McIntyre 'special'.
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:51 pm

Bob Harris sessions coming up:

Tom Russell next week - 19 Jan
Gretchen Peters - 26 Jan
Clint Black - Feb 2
Whole programmme is a Reba McEntire Special ( recorded Nashville Interview ) - 9 Feb
Nanci Griffith - 16 Feb
The Band Perry - 23 Feb
March – Connie Smith, Eric Church
Vince Gill – 15 March

Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Did anyone listen to Bob Harris' show tonight? I thought it was excelent. Some great tracks & an interesting interview with Tom Russell
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby kev » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:12 am

Yes, it was a good 'un! It was interesting to hear ol' Tommo having seen him the night before, even prompted Mrs Kev to say she would like to see him next time he tours, though normally she can only hear a coupla tracks before she's had enough! :lol:
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby kev » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:54 am

Tomorrow's show (Thursday 1st March) features a session by Connie Smith, with hubby Marty Stuart on guitar.
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby kev » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:47 pm

Vince Gill in session this week.
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby PeterJD » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:26 am

Listened to Thursdays show last night, some very good tunes on, notably The Cactus Brothers, but one that caught my ear and subsequently have just gave them more of a listen on spotify, The Sweetback sisters, fantastic. Will definitely be putting an order in for their albums.
Ask forgiveness, not permission.
PeterJD

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:42 am

PeterJD wrote:Listened to Thursdays show last night, some very good tunes on, notably The Cactus Brothers, but one that caught my ear and subsequently have just gave them more of a listen on spotify, The Sweetback sisters, fantastic. Will definitely be putting an order in for their albums.

Good ol' Bob, got his ear to the ground as ever!! He referred to them as The Cactus Brothers a couple of times ...... of course it's The Cactus Blossoms ! :lol: Their album was recommended to me by the guy at Smart Choice late last year and is discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9542 . The whole album was available to listen to on their website at the time, it might still be there. It's a great little album, only runs for about 27 minutes but it's very much a case of quality over quantity.

And it's a thumbs-up to the Sweetback Sisters from me too. I've got their most recent album, "Looking for a Fight" and like it a lot. I've think I bought that after hearing Bob play them once before. They're over for some festivals in the summer, hoping to catch them playing live somewhere.
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby CJ » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:38 am

kev wrote:
PeterJD wrote:Listened to Thursdays show last night, some very good tunes on, notably The Cactus Brothers, but one that caught my ear and subsequently have just gave them more of a listen on spotify, The Sweetback sisters, fantastic. Will definitely be putting an order in for their albums.

Good ol' Bob, got his ear to the ground as ever!! He referred to them as The Cactus Brothers a couple of times ...... of course it's The Cactus Blossoms ! :lol: Their album was recommended to me by the guy at Smart Choice late last year and is discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9542 . The whole album was available to listen to on their website at the time, it might still be there. It's a great little album, only runs for about 27 minutes but it's very much a case of quality over quantity.

And it's a thumbs-up to the Sweetback Sisters from me too. I've got their most recent album, "Looking for a Fight" and like it a lot. I've think I bought that after hearing Bob play them once before. They're over for some festivals in the summer, hoping to catch them playing live somewhere.

There was a band called The Cactus Brothers. I have 2 albums of theirs, the last one being from 1995. I don't know if they still exist or if they have any other albums out.
This Sweetback Sisters album, is it a new one? The last one I have of theirs is "Looking For A Fight" from 2011.
CJ

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:47 am

CJ wrote:
kev wrote:

There was a band called The Cactus Brothers. I have 2 albums of theirs, the last one being from 1995. I don't know if they still exist or if they have any other albums out.
This Sweetback Sisters album, is it a new one? The last one I have of theirs is "Looking For A Fight" from 2011.

:lol: So there was a Cactus Brothers, perhaps Bob was having a senior moment. And it was a track from "Looking For a Fight" he played.
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby PeterJD » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:58 am

His website said the Cactus Brothers as well and he corrected himself on the show, definitely a senior moment. Just looked at the Cactus Blossoms website and that fitted in with the sound and description of the act he gave.
Ask forgiveness, not permission.
PeterJD

Supreme Member

Postby Alex Evans » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:48 pm

The Cactus Brothers only did the two albums - their self-titled debut in 1993 and '24 Hrs, 7 Days A Week' in 1994 which contains a very good version of CCR's 'Lodi'. Two very good albums on a par with anything by Little Texas and Kentucky Headhunters. Unfortunately I don't know anything about the band after this, there's not even a Wikipedia entry. One quick piece of trivia though, the scene in Pure Country where George Strait is in the line dance bar and falls out of his chair, the band playing is The Cactus Brothers.
Alex Evans

PreviousNext

Return to CM Program Alerts