New UK Country Music TV show

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

New UK Country Music TV show

Postby Smudger » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:26 pm

Starting on 1st December 2013, Henry Smith and Glenn Rogers will present a new country music programme on Showcase (Sky 191 and Freesat 400). According to the website, "the show aims to provide a solid platform to promote Country Music in the UK and beyond".
Should be worth a look.
http://www.smithandrogerscountryshow.co.uk/index.html
Smudger

Supreme Member

Re: New UK Country Music TV show

Postby kev » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:50 am

Sounds interesting. The only worry I have about this is Henry Smith - sings well and has a great band but I can't stand all the schoolboy humour and in-jokes that have peppered his sets when I've seen him. Hope all that is either missing or kept to an absolute minimum!
kev

Ultimate Member

Re: New UK Country Music TV show

Postby Smudger » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:08 am

kev wrote:Sounds interesting. The only worry I have about this is Henry Smith - sings well and has a great band but I can't stand all the schoolboy humour and in-jokes that have peppered his sets when I've seen him. Hope all that is either missing or kept to an absolute minimum!

I know what you mean about Henry - he's got loads of fans who follow him about and he does tend to play up to them a bit. I would expect this show to be a bit different though. On their website, they're asking for bands to get in touch with them with a view to performing on the programme. Could be a good opportunity for British acts to get some TV exposure.
Smudger

Supreme Member

Return to CM Program Alerts