New Country Artist looking for help to find backing tracks

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

New Country Artist looking for help to find backing tracks

Postby amanda jayne latham » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:32 pm

Hello everyone,

My Names Amanda Jayne Latham. I'm a new country singer/songwriter from Manchester, England. Please feel free to have a look at my website at: www.ajlatham.co.uk I am trying to find someone who can help me get some backing tracks together of covers. Is there anyone out there who can give me any help/advice on how to go about this and who to contact.

Many thanks to you all - I hope you like my music.

Amanda xx
I'm a country singer/songwriter from manchester. Anyone wanting to book me for gigs please get intouch.
amanda jayne latham

Newbie Member

Backing tracks

Postby ZoePlusCats » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:10 am

Hi,

Great to hear about some more home-grown talent. Try the local Schools of Music as all have recording facilities and lots of students who need the practice. You could also try some established bands that have variable line-ups so won't mind working with different singers from time to time.

The most obvious college to contact would be the one in central Manchester but the top one for folk musicians, etc. is the University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
ZoePlusCats

Postby 1manbanned » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:12 pm

Hello, Amands Jayen - I'm a bit confused by your post and the reply from Zoe because elsewhere on this site there are many many raging debates over UK acts using "karaoke" tracks

Are you looking for backing tracks to sing over on stage?

There are load of website available just go to Google and put in "professional backing tracks" eg

http://www.ameritz.co.uk/browse_categor ... offset=180

http://www.backingtracksonline.co.uk/

If you are looking to record an album featuring covers you may need to check the small print of the licenses of the backing tracks. I believe you may have to pay more depending on the use.

If you browse this site and read all the comments on acts using backing tracks you will probably get depressed. But I suspect as a solo artist =- that's the way you are going to have to go. Therefore I would really think about the audience niche you are hoping to reach and choose your set list accordingly..... Unfortuntaley with the rather limited places available you could end up singing the same old songs as everybody else, unless you can find your own niche say championing the many female singer songwriters about eg Gretchen Peters, Matraca Berg, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Lucinda Williams , Gillian Welch etc
When The Going gets Tough .. go down the Pub!
1manbanned

Re: New Country Artist looking for help to find backing trac

Postby shinyboots » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:04 pm

http://pwtracks.webs.com/

Try this site, this is owned by Paul Wright of Fools Gold (Duo, Trio, also The Renegades and The Classics groups) lots of pre made tracks but Paul has his own studio and will create tracks individually for you.
Also you could try Tony Dallas' website.
Hope you find what your'e looking for!
Cheers
Shinyboots.x.x :D
shinyboots

Newbie Member

Re: New Country Artist looking for help to find backing trac

Postby lo&m » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:06 pm

Hi Amanda and Shinyboots, welcome to our online community.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Return to Linedance and Western Dance section