Partner dance to "the circus is over"

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Partner dance to "the circus is over"

Postby old grumpy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi dancers, several years ago we did a partner dance to "the circus is over" but can't find any reference to it so this might not be the title of the dance. We would like to revive it locally so wondered if anyone can tell us the title and/or supply the steps. Please help us to dance to good country music. Look forward to hearing from anyone with info - keep it country, Old Grumpy
old grumpy

Newbie Member

Re: Partner dance to "the circus is over"

Postby lo&m » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:44 pm

Can't help you with the dance but welcome to the forum. Or, if you are the Grumpy who used to grace these pages a few years ago ... welcome back.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby brian ahern » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:04 am

Not being a dancer I would guess that the song you are looking for is "Circus Leaving Town" written and recorded by Philip Claypool. Also a hit for Travis Tritt.

lo&m I very much doubt if this is the Grumpy who is an old forum member. There are quite a few characters with the nick name Grumpy on the scene, but the grumpy you refer to is a main player in The Winchester Gentlemen a western outfit who run successful weekend festivals and gatherings. Grumpy (John) is not a dancer by any stretch of the imagination and in the past has referred to line dancers as plant potters on this forum.

Hope this helps :)

brian.
brian ahern

Supreme Member

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:51 am

Waylon Jennings.
" Don't take credit for what's written in the stars,
....... and don't apologise for who you are "
Space Cowboy

Supreme Member

Postby Smudger » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:08 pm

I think the song Grumpy's referring to is Billy Yates' "The circus is over". Can't find a dance to it though......
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby Smudger » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Smudger wrote:I think the song Grumpy's referring to is Billy Yates' "The circus is over". Can't find a dance to it though......

Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby old grumpy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi folks. Thanks for the suggestions, it is the Billy Yates song that I am looking for. I know there was a line dance and have checked several sites for the steps without success so presme the dance was called something different (but definitely not Touring around). Will keep searching.
old grumpy

Newbie Member

Return to Linedance and Western Dance section