Move over, Trigger

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Move over, Trigger

Postby lo&m » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Another contender with Willie Nelson's Trigger for the Most Abused Guitar Ever title.
It is owned by Ed Tudor-Pole who is perhaps best known for his UK hit, Swords Of A Thousand Men, with the band Tenpole T udor in 1981. He still performs today and this old guitar has sure seen a lot of use.
His luthier, Fylde Guitars, said, "The damage was caused over a few years of punk stage invasions, including with the Sex Pistols, and the Great Rock and Roll Swindle. The soundboard had at least six actual holes through it, and more cracks than I could count. Ed was still playing it. I’ve managed to keep all the “history”, by building a complete new soundboard underneath the original, which is now there only as a “veneer”. The back and sides are fixed and reinforced so that they are solid but look much as they did when it came to me. Refretted, new tuners. It might look odd, but it’s now in perfect working order."
How it looks now.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Re: Move over, Trigger

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:56 pm

Hoe many repairs has 'Trigger' had.
Waylon Jennings.
" Don't take credit for what's written in the stars,
....... and don't apologise for who you are "
Space Cowboy

Supreme Member

Postby lo&m » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:31 pm

I don't know but I read somewhere that Willie has a luthier in New York who is the only person he entrusts with repair work. One of his staff flies up with it - buys it it's own seat ticket so it doesn't get stowed in the cargo hold - basically never lets it out of his sight except for while it's in the workshop.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:35 pm

Just a thought, has anyone seen Willie with an electric guitar; it's hard to believe he doesn't have a collection of different versions.
Waylon Jennings.
" Don't take credit for what's written in the stars,
....... and don't apologise for who you are "
Space Cowboy

Supreme Member

Postby camsgrandad » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:16 pm

Sounds rather like Triggers brush in Only Fools, had the same one for over 20 years and it's only had 5 heads and 4 handles! :D
camsgrandad

Postby kev » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:26 pm

Space Cowboy wrote:Just a thought, has anyone seen Willie with an electric guitar; it's hard to believe he doesn't have a collection of different versions.

kev

Ultimate Member

Return to General Topics