Tennessee Times

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Re: Tennessee Times

Postby kev » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:48 pm

Smudger wrote:
kev wrote:Interesting thing that happened yesterday: dropped down onto Broadway to see the Rachel Hester band. She's the daughter of Hoot Hester, fiddle great and co-founder of The Time Jumpers, who also plays in the band. Sitting in on guitar? Kenny Vaughn!! Great couple of hours of western swing and classic country!

That's what I like about Nashville - you never know who's going to make an appearance. When I saw the Time Jumpers at the Station Inn, Gene Watson was in the audience. Of course he had to get up and do a couple of songs!

And while that was going on Alan Jackson was preparing to play what is now being referred to as a 'secret' show a couple of doors up. Secret? Not when there was a sodding great truck parked on the street most of the day with ALAN JACKSON written down the side in letters about 6 feet tall and huge crates of equipment being wheeled in!! :lol:
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby kev » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:50 am

Just in from seeing Rhonda Vincent and Daryl Singletary at the Nashville Palace - superb show!

kev

Ultimate Member

Postby Smudger » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:41 am

kev wrote:Just in from seeing Rhonda Vincent and Daryl Singletary at the Nashville Palace - superb show!

That must have been a good duet! I saw Daryle do an acoustic show in December - great singer.
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:04 pm

Smudger wrote:
kev wrote:Just in from seeing Rhonda Vincent and Daryl Singletary at the Nashville Palace - superb show!

That must have been a good duet! I saw Daryle do an acoustic show in December - great singer.

They did "We Must Have Been Out Of Our Minds" from Rhonda's most recent album.
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby Smudger » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:05 pm

Don't suppose you managed to catch Ashley Monroe at 3rd and Lindsley yesterday?
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Been a bit busy the last few days .... Tell you something though, you've definitely reached the pinnacle of country music achievements when you get to see Billy Ray Cyrus sing "Achy Breaky Heart" at the Opry!! :lol: Sadly, no stupid dance though!! :( :lol:
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:43 pm

Another ROPE CMA Fest fan turning back the time arrives to see the country veterans

Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:21 am

Excellent week in Nashville, probably the best I've had there! Great variety of music, and the weather was kind by being pretty cool most of the time. I accept that the best events of the week for me were, on the whole, outside the CMA organised events but I have to congratulate them on a superb run event!
kev

Ultimate Member

Previous

Return to General Topics