Letterkenny Country Fest 2011

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Letterkenny Country Fest 2011

Postby Smudger » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:34 pm

Got an email from James McGarrity to say that Lorrie Morgan will be appearing, with two more US acts yet to be announced............
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby brian ahern » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:46 am

Had the same email. Obviously I know of Lorrie Morgan and Clinton Gregory but who is Charlie Allen without doing a google search. I have never heard of him so don't understand where the star status comes from.

Am I missing something?

brian.
brian ahern

Supreme Member

Postby Smudger » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:05 am

brian ahern wrote:Had the same email. Obviously I know of Lorrie Morgan and Clinton Gregory but who is Charlie Allen without doing a google search. I have never heard of him so don't understand where the star status comes from.

Am I missing something?

brian.

I'd never even heard of Clinton Gregory...................
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby Irene-T » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:36 am

Lorrie Morgan isn't listed on the advertising blurb
Emailed James M last week, but no reply
I'll try again
Hadn't heard of any of their ''pulling in the crowds '' names
Irene-T

Supreme Member

Re: Letterkenny Country Fest 2011

Postby Irene-T » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:04 am

Smudger wrote:Got an email from James McGarrity to say that Lorrie Morgan will be appearing, with two more US acts yet to be announced............

Just looked at Lorrie Morgan's tour schedule
http://www.lorrie.com/tour-dates.html?start=15

She's listed on July 1st (their time) so July 2nd (UK) At Pigeon Forge, TN

Awful nip 'n tuck if she is bkd for july 3rd
She'd have to do her show. Drive several hours to Nashville. Catch an o/night flight, if available, probably changing twice to get to Ire. Then a long drive from airport - event????
It's not really doable is it? Unless Lorrie M has married into money and can hire a private jet!!
Wonder why he sent the emails out when not a confirmed show -seems a tad strange?
Did you ask him?
Irene-T

Supreme Member

Postby Smudger » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:43 pm

Lorrie Morgan is not one of the performers listed on the JW Promotions website. There's a surprise.............not! He's done it again - advertised a US act then deleted it.

This is the lineup. I can't say I'd want to see ANY of them!

Charlie Allen, Clinton Gregory, Joni Harms, Leona Williams, Jimmy Buckley, Robert Mizzell, Philomena Begley, Nathan Carter, Ray Lynam, Mick Flavin, Roly Daniels, Louise Morrisey, Susan McCann, Brian Coll, Brendan Quinn, Kieran McGilligan, Hugo Duncan, Brendan Shine, The Indians, John Hogan, Stephen Smyth, Seamus McGee, Gerry Guthrie, Shaun Loughrey, Jason McGilligan, Eamon McCann, Thomas Maguire & Fhiona Ennis, Lisa McHugh, Matt Leavy, Tim McKay Kathy Kane, Dave Lawalor, Box Car Brian, Tony Kerr, Patrick O'Sullivan, Justin McGurk, Derek Ryan, Lime-Lite, Seamus Moore, Off-the-Cuff, Michael O'Brien and Philomena McGovern, Eddie Carey, Liam McLaughlin, Cliff Parsons, Caroline Hunter, John Garrity, Steven Doyle, The Senators, Brian Kerrigan, Glenshane Country, Steve Farlow, Sinead Taggart, Sean Corrigan, Fiddler Adam, Paul and Mary B, Marcy Darcy, The Sierras, The Benn Sisters, Lisa Stanley, Cathy McGovern, Trevor Loughrey, Eddie Kelly, Tommy and Ben Troy, David Craig and the Cuff Links
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:52 pm

I'd like to see Joni Harms and Leona Williams but can't say I know many of the other names! :lol:
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby Smudger » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:12 pm

yeskev wrote:I'd like to see Joni Harms and Leona Williams but can't say I know many of the other names! :lol:

I would probably go and see them if they appeared somewhere near me, but I'm certainly not going to Ireland, especially if I had to sit through all those other acts!
Smudger

Supreme Member

Return to Festivals