Country Routes News Blog of The Week

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Re: Country Routes News Blog of The Week

Postby livewire » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:29 am

BILLBOARD CHART NEWS

Country Billboard Chart News July 24, 2017 - BLOG POST
Chris Stapleton, Sam Hunt & Rascal Flatts land the No1s, Mitchell Tenpenny debuts and Lewis Brice falls short of the charts

Country Billboard Chart News July 31, 2017 - BLOG POST
RIAA Certifications for July, Chris Stapleton, Sam Hunt (makes history) & Billy Currington land the No1s, Sara Evans, Lucas Hoge and Parmalee debut albums

RADIO WAVES

Radio Waves: Radio Presenter Spotlight – Graham Barnes "Country Belles" - BLOG POST

Radio Waves: Radio Presenter Spotlight – Stuart Cameron (Hotdisc) - BLOG POST
Are You An Artist Looking For Music Promotion? Hotdisc Explained -

Expanded PRESS RELEASES

Country Music fans fill Canada Square for Nashville Meets London Festival 2017 - BLOG POST

Tenille Arts - Cold Feet (Single Review) & Artist Spotlight - BLOG POST

Country Music magazine Issue 5 out now + Dolly Parton special Legend Edition - BLOG POST

Margo Price releases 4-Song EP 'Weakness' Via Third Man Records - BLOG POST

Country Bites News snippets July 24, 2017 – July 30, 2017 - BLOG POST

Dave Alvin, and Shelby Lynne & Allison Moorer among final performers announced for AMERICANAFEST 2017 - BLOG POST

NRA Country names Michael Ray as featured artist for August - BLOG POST

Billy Currington scores 12th career #1 single with “Do I Make You Wanna” - BLOG POST

Nashville Nights UK: What's on in August & beyond - BLOG POST

Duo Indigo Summer, releases new song “A1A” to Spotify and Apple Music - BLOG POST

Danielle Bradbery announces new album I DON’T BELIEVE WE’VE MET due December 1 - BLOG POST
Single "Sway" being promoted in UK, expect to see her at C2C2018
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:04 am

Expanded PRESS RELEASES & ARTICLES

Country Bites News snippets July 31, 2017 – August 6, 2017: UK News, UK Chart News, Album Releases, Canadian News: Country News, Press Releases, Reviews, Gossip, Baby News, Birthdays, Links too Articles, & Videos. - BLOG POST

Whitney Rose readies new album, RULE 62, for Oct 6 release on Six Shooter/Thirty Tigers BLOG POST

Kenny Foster confirms first ever UK & Ireland Tour in Aug/Sept 2017 BLOG POST

Ashley Barron to release debut single “It Might Get Loud” on Aug. 18 BLOG POST

Country singer Glen Campbell dies at 81 (April 22, 1936 - Aug 8, 2017): OBITUARY BLOG FEATURE
Currently 13 albums in top 30 UK Country iTunes. An indication that fans cherry picking tracks actually propels an albums status on the chart
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:16 am

Nice feature on glen Campbell, Livewirer.
I recall in the late Sixties and through the Seventies Glen's music was everywhere. He was fortunate in the material he was given to sing and his producers, but he also had a voice that perfectly suited that material and a great delivery.
Prior to his stardom, of course, he was a much in demand session musician.

Some of his material sounds very dated ("Dreams of the every day housewife" probably out of date even when it was released), but most of his music is timeless. "Rhinestone Cowboy", "By The Time I Get To Phoenix", "Gentle On My Mind", "Country Boy (feet in LA)" and many other classic recordings will last for many, many years to come.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:12 am

Moshe wrote:Nice feature on glen Campbell, Livewirer.
Some of his material sounds very dated ("Dreams of the every day housewife" probably out of date even when it was released), but most of his music is timeless. "Rhinestone Cowboy", "By The Time I Get To Phoenix", "Gentle On My Mind", "Country Boy (feet in LA)" and many other classic recordings will last for many, many years to come.

Thanks, Have added a few more links BBC iPlayer, tributes

Couldn't recall Dreams of the every day Housewife so gave it a listen and do recognise it now.
I've bought a couple of tracks from Glen Campbell's "I'll Be Me" Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. I thought I had the Ashley Campbell tracks but didn't, the opener "I'm Not Gonna Miss You" and The Band Perry cover. I've sure ADIOS will be a big seller this week with the additional Greatest hits on UK 2-CD version. I'm still not sure about Disc 1. It's just £5.99 online at HMV compared to £10 in Tesco.

As I'm only familiar with tracks from Ghosts On The Canvas and the hits can you tell me if there are any left field hidden away gems from Glen Campbell's discography?

Tanya Tucker releases "Forever Loving You" ❤ in memory of Glen Campbell - BLOG POST

AmericanaFest Bootleg BBQ - Celebrating UK Americana with All Female Line Up (Event: Sat Sept 16 at THE GROOVE, NASHVILLE) BLOG POST
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:40 am

Moshe wrote:
Some of his material sounds very dated ("Dreams of the every day housewife" probably out of date even when it was released)

True - but what a fantastic arrangement!
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:47 pm

kev wrote:
Moshe wrote:
Some of his material sounds very dated ("Dreams of the every day housewife" probably out of date even when it was released)

True - but what a fantastic arrangement!

I'll have to give it another listen.
Many of those classic tracks of his from the 60's and 70's had outstanding production values.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:59 pm

BILLBOARD CHART NEWS

Country Chart News August 7, 2017 - BLOG POST
RRIAA Certifications, Chris Stapleton, Sam Hunt & Billy Currington land the No1s, Joe Nichols debuts. Logan Mize & Margo Price fall short of Top 50.

Lucas Hoge #1 on Billboard Top Country Album Sales Chart with debut 'Dirty South’ - BLOG POST

Expanded PRESS RELEASES & ARTICLES

AmericanaFest Bootleg BBQ - Celebrating UK Americana with All Female Line Up - BLOG POST

Eilen Jewell steps back in time for DOWN HEARTED BLUES, releasing Sept. 22 - BLOG POST

Russell Dickerson announces debut album due via Sony Music this October 13th - BLOG POST

Country Bites News snippets August 7, 2017 – August 13, 2017: UK News, UK Chart News, Album Releases, Canadian News: Country News, Press Releases, Gossip, Baby News, Birthdays. Notable mentions Glen Campbell, Nice Horse - BLOG POST

Miranda Lambert’s award-winning song “Vice”reaches Platinum - BLOG POST

Sandra Lynn shines in video for latest single, “Hey California” - BLOG POST
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:22 pm

BILLBOARD CHART NEWS

Country Billboard Chart News August 14, 2017 - BLOG POST
RIAA Certifications, Brett Eldredge, Sam Hunt & Billy Currington land the No1s, Tyler Childers album debuts (5th best seller), sales of Glen Campbell's albums

Country Billboard Chart News August 21, 2017 - BLOG POST
Luke Combs, Sam Hunt and Justin Moore land the No1s. Lindsay Ell debuts at (#4) Will Hoge, The Music of Nashville Season 5 Vol 3 and Alex Williams fall short of the Top 50

Country Billboard Chart News August 28, 2017 - BLOG POST
Luke Combs, Sam Hunt and Old Dominion land the No1s. Josh Abbott Band, Shelby Lynne & Allison Moorer, Ray Wylie Hubbard debut. Riley Green and Jerry Douglas fall short of the Top 50.

Justin Moore's "Somebody Else Will" takes No.1 spot - BLOG POST

Country Bites News

Country Bites News snippets August 14, 2017 – August 20, 2017 - BLOG POST
UK News, UK Chart News, Album Releases, Canadian News: Country News, Press Releases, Videos, Baby News, Fashion, Birthdays, RIP.
Notable mentions: Stephanie Rose, Tegan Marie, The Sisterhood, Maddie & Tae , Jo Walker-Meador

Country Bites News snippets August 20, 2017 – August 27, 2017 - BLOG POST
UK News, UK Chart News, Album Releases, Canadian News: Country News, Music News, Press Releases, Birthdays, RIP | Notable mentions: Stevie Jewel, 11th Annual ACM Honors, Kelsea Ballerini, Taylor Swift

Expanded PRESS RELEASES

Shantell Ogden to guest host 'Country Fix' TV Show - BLOG POST

Chris Young to release seventh studio album on October 20 - BLOG POST

New music from Casey Donahew, coming to the UK in October - BLOG POST

Ashton Lane confirm new single and European Tour Dates - BLOG POST

Chris Young invited to join The Grand Ole Opry - BLOG POST

Kip Moore's SLOWHEART streaming exclusively on NPR's "First Listen" - BLOG POST

Southern Halo new single and set to perform at British Country Music Association Awards | Sample their new single "Just Like In The Movies" and have your say and vote on it: - BLOG POST
Last edited by livewire on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:30 am

Just listening to "Just Like In the Movies". Nice harmonies, but otherwise I thought this totally pop and not at all country, & a rather weak song.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:59 am

Moshe wrote:Just listening to "Just Like In the Movies". Nice harmonies, but otherwise I thought this totally pop and not at all country, & a rather weak song.

You could have cast your vote on the track.

Yes another "country" act to sell out. Not a good new direction to go in. It will be interesting what the reaction will be from the 700+ Hotdisc DJs this month who rate the track.
Unlike Taylor Swift and The Band Perry who officially announced they were POP acts its about time a whole lot more did. Tagging music like this as "country" is an insult to the genre. It's happening more and more though of course acts and fans listening to de-countrified albums and singles by Lady Antebellum, LeAnn Rimes, Hunter Hayes etc will think it really is country!
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:36 pm

livewire wrote:
Moshe wrote:Just listening to "Just Like In the Movies". Nice harmonies, but otherwise I thought this totally pop and not at all country, & a rather weak song.

You could have cast your vote on the track.

Yes another "country" act to sell out. Not a good new direction to go in. It will be interesting what the reaction will be from the 700+ Hotdisc DJs this month who rate the track.
Unlike Taylor Swift and The Band Perry who officially announced they were POP acts its about time a whole lot more did. Tagging music like this as "country" is an insult to the genre. It's happening more and more though of course acts and fans listening to de-countrified albums and singles by Lady Antebellum, LeAnn Rimes, Hunter Hayes etc will think it really is country!

I think though Lady A have shifted somewhat musically, their music remains still more discernably country than this track.

Also, Rimes did not tag "Remnants" as a country album, it is simply good quality music touching a varirety of styles.
If "Just Like The Movies" had at least been good, I could have forgiven it being pop!

As for Swift, fair do's to her she officially went pop before 1989. I did not mind 1989 as a pop album, but I am certainly disapointed by Look What You Made Me Do both due to it's lack of musical creativity & it's attitude.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:50 am

BILLBOARD CHART NEWS

Country Billboard Chart News September 4, 2017
Old Dominion, Sam Hunt and Dustin Lynch land the No1s. The Cadillac Three and Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real debut albums - BLOG POST

Country Bites News

Country Bites News snippets August 27, 2017 – September 3, 2017: UK News, UK Chart News, Album Releases, Aussie & Canadian News: Country News, Music News, Press Releases, Articles, Birthdays, RIP. - BLOG POST .Notable mentions: Genevieve Fisher, Charissa

SPECIAL FEATURE
ICYMI: UKCountryRadio.com’s 10th Birthday Party & UK Country Music Awards 2017: Full coverage, review + audio BLOG POST
Notable mentions: Winners - Thorne Hill, Ward Thomas, Raintown, Gary Quinn, Zenne, Wayne Jacobs

PRESS RELEASES

UK singer/songwriter Amy Lawton releases debut single 'Undone' - BLOG POST

Kate Ellis announces vinyl album release with UK Tour Dates; releases new video - BLOG POST

The Nominations for the 51st Annual CMA Awards 2017 - BLOG POST
Voting explained, Miranda Lambert leads with 5 nods, who was snubbed and who were the NEW names in the Award categories

NRA Country names LOCASH as featured artist for September - BLOG POST

Chris Country premieres Jess & The Bandits video for “Sister”, UK Tour dates rescheduled to Feb 2018 - BLOG POST

Bradley Walker to release Blessed, all-new recording of Gospel Songs and Hymns, Oct. 6 - BLOG POST
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:18 am

Expanded PRESS RELEASES & Articles

IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME, bluegrass style as BALSAM RANGE delivers new music October 27 - BLOG POST

Jenny Tolman exclusive early listen new single "Stripper For a Week" out Sept 15 - BLOG POST

Scooter Brown Band release debut studio album, AMERICAN SON, September 8 - BLOG POST

The Wandering Hearts: Interviews, Artist Spotlight & Background + UK Tour & Headline show dates - BLOG POST
Your Life In A Song & Bob Harris Country BBC Radio 2 interview | About the members, the seeds of the group and how they came together = What Your Life In A Song & Bob Harris Country didn't or DON'T what to tell you in the hype, manufactured acts Decca UK world!

British Country Music Association Awards 2017: Nominations announced, Voting underway | Full details on Best Of British & BCMA Awards 2017 events | Our Reaction & Comment | Notable mentions Laura Oakes, Southern Halo, The Adelaides, Jade Helliwell Megan & The Common Threads - BLOG POST

Grammy Award nominee Jerry Harmon announces new single; “Grandmas Are Sexy Too” - BLOG POST

16th Annual Americana Music Association Honors & Awards 2017 - BLOG POST

Nashville music industry backing British Americana and Brits taking over the Americanafest Awards and Honors - - BLOG POST

Brent Cobb releases new single 'Ain't A Road Too Long' - BLOG POST

Observation
The current state of the main country music sites is that they don't seem to want to talk about the music very much! Of course they only reference to the mainstream and don't spread the world on the great Inde releases that come out.
The 2017 videos from Taste Of Country are cringeworthy and even their RIP tributes aren't done in the best of taste.
This is TASTE OF COUNTRYS Big news today
Read More: Lauren Alaina, Boyfriend Pack on PDA in Beach Vacation Photo | The adorable couple often gets affectionate on Instagram, with Hopkins sharing in a 2016 post, “This is my girlfriend. She is the absolute
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:41 pm

BILLBOARD CHART NEWS

Country Billboard Chart News September 11, 2017: August RIAA Certifications | Luke Combs, Sam Hunt & Dustin Lynch land the No1s. Dixie Chicks and LANco debut new sets - BLOG POST

Brent Cobb releases new single 'Ain't A Road Too Long' - BLOG POST

The Canadian Country Music Association Awards 2017 Review | Notable mentions: Brett Kissel Dean Brody & Dallas Smith | John Deere green carpet fashion - BLOG POST

Jess And The Bandits album Smoke And Mirrors drops September 15 | Check out its seven day chart run and the UK promotion it's received - BLOG POST

Catherine McGrath releases new single 'Talk Of This Town' & UK tour dates - BLOG POST

‘Miss Country Soul’ Jeannie Seelycelebrates 50 Years as a member of The Grand Ole Opry - BLOG POST

To celebrate their BCMA nomination, American Young announce new single, Better On You - BLOG POST

TOWIE's Megan McKenna lands No.1 on iTunes chart with debut country single High Heeled Shoes - BLOG POST

Shania Twain has announced Sept-Oct 2018 UK Tour dates (21 Sept 2018 Glasgow - 2 Oct 2018 O2, London) + CONCERT REWIND Shania's Wembley Arena, London (July 8, 1999) setlist and review - BLOG POST

INTERVIEW Features
Saskia Vese; Good Girl Interviews, Single Review & Future Plans - BLOG POST
Receiving Top Industry backing and promotion from Lee Williams (BCMA President/ CEO CMR Nashsville) & Allan Watkiss (BBC Sheffield, CEO UKCountryRadio.com)

MAGAZINE

Country Music Magazine Issue 6 (Oct/Nov) out now | Shania cover feature , explore all the subscription special offers - BLOG POST
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:40 am

BILLBOARD CHART NEWS

Country Billboard Chart News September 18, 2017 - BLOG POST
Thomas Rhett (first country album to top Billboard Top 200 in 2017), Sam Hunt, Dustin Lynch & Kane Brown land the No1s. Dustin Lynch, Kip Moore, Toby Keith, The Texas Tenors debut albums. Stephanie Quayle and Parker McCollum fall short of top 50

Country Billboard Chart News September 25, 2017 - BLOG POST
Thomas Rhett, Sam Hunt, Dustin Lynch and Kane Brown land the No1s. Big & Rich (No1s Sales) debuts. Falling short of top 50 Radney Foster debuts.

Danielle Bradbery releases ethereal track Hello Summer BLOG POST

Kaylee Rutland gets up close and personal with new EP, That Side of Me - BLOG POST

Lady Antebellum embraces colorful spirit of The Caribbean in "Heart Break” music video - BLOG POST

2017 IBMA International Bluegrass Music Awards: Entertainer of the Year went to the Earls of Leicester.
Check out all the winners and watch the awards show - BLOG POST

Tim McGraw & Faith Hill announced as Headliners at C2C 2018 - BLOG POST

Kellie Pickler releases beautiful new song "If It Wasn't For A Woman” - BLOG POST
livewire

Supreme Member

PreviousNext

Return to Worldwide Country Music