Country Routes News Blog of The Week

This is the place to discuss Country Music that is NOT specific to the UK

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Re: Country Routes News Blog of The Week

Postby livewirer on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:15 am
IP:

NEWS
BLOG Tribute: Kenny Johnson country singer & BBC Radio Merseyside presenter dies aged 75
Sonny Webb And The Cascades, The Hillsiders, Northwind , "Sounds Country" BBC Radio Merseyside revisted.

UK TOUR DATES
New Dates The Grahams (Nov) Danni Nicholls (Oct-Nov) Chloë Chadwick (Oct-Nov) , Edwina Hayes (Nov-Dec), Kate Rusby (Dec)
- UK Tour Dates Page

PRESS RELEASES
Hunter Hayes Releasing 'The 21 Project' - PRESS RELEASE :?

Top Country Music artists will take to the stage for Country Music’s Biggest Night with performances by Kelsea Ballerini, Miranda Lambert, Maddie & Tae, and Kacey Musgraves -- PRESS RELEASE

Well-Wishes For Willie Nelson As Tour Dates Are Postponed
WILLIE NELSON, who has had to postpone the first of his upcoming shows with MERLE HAGGARD on their "DJANGO AND JIMMIE TOUR" due to an unspecified medical issue.

GEORGE STRAIT’S COLD BEER CONVERSATION TOPS SOUNDSCAN AND BILLBOARD COUNTRY ALBUMS CHARTS: critics continue to and this forum hail the “King of Country Music’s” latest project - PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE

Dolly Parton Responds False Claims Of Stomach Cancer Diagnosis - PRESS RELEASE
"It is true that I had kidney stones. I had them removed three weeks ago and I am doing just fine!
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, 2016 Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewirer
Supreme Member

Postby livewirer on Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:24 pm
IP:

RADIO SHOW
American Connection Show. Presented by Mr. Brian Clough.
Listen to the most recent show. Playlist for the week Oct 17, 2015 (ALBUM OF THE WEEK; Caitlin Sinness) - BLOG PAGE
The Eagles -Trisha Yearwood - Marty Stuart -Beverley Mahood - Caitlin Sinness - Gail Davies - Andrew Combs - Small Town Pistols - Hannah Rose Platt
Waylon Jennings - Luke Bryan - Brett Eldredge - Kenny Chesney

PRESS RELEASES
Randy Houser's CMA-Nominated "Like A Cowboy" Earns RIAA Gold Certification - PRESS RELEASE

Eric Church Breaks Into Own Hall of Fame Induction: surprise entrance shocks event organizers, attendees and honorees - PRESS RELEASE

NEWS
BLOG Tribute: Kenny Johnson country singer & BBC Radio Merseyside presenter dies aged 75 ** UPDATED **

Alan Jackson 3-CD retrospective coming
A three CD Alan Jackson anthology, including unreleased tracks, will be out Nov. 6 at Wal-Mart on Legacy and Arista Nashville.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/47090189

Country legend BILL ANDERSON,successfully underwent cataract surgery on TUESDAY (10/13) for his right eye.
ANDERSON was having surgery for his left eye on WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21st.
"My cataract surgery went well, and I thank each of you who whispered a prayer on my behalf," said ANDERSON via FACEBOOK. "They did my right eye this time and will do my left on the 21st. If you think of it, another little prayer next WEDNESDAY would be appreciated as well. 'GOD Is Great - GOD Is Good'
Country Music People/Duncan Warwick favorite Chuck Cusimano posted Prayers in force for you Bill!!!!

"C2C Superstar" Carrie Underwood's upcoming album Storyteller, here's "Renegade Runaway"
Whose "PUMPED"? :!:
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, 2016 Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewirer
Supreme Member

Postby lo&m on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:06 pm
IP:

Excellent obituary for Kenny Johnson. Good work.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby livewirer on Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:15 am
IP:

NEWS
John Jennings longtime producer of Mary Chapin Carpenter dies at 61 - BLOG TRIBUTE

Brit Country's Biggest Night (?)
British Country Music Awards Signs Exclusive Broadcasting Deal With WhereverTV and Digital Rodeo TV.
British Country Music Awards ceremony to be held on October 25, 2015 from The Heston Suite, Heathrow, London, UK at 7 PM GMT, or 2 PM Eastern Time. This year will mark the first time viewers will have live access to the event - See more

UK TOUR DATES
New Dates Celtic Connections Festival 2016 (14 Jan 2016 – 31 Jan), Dexeter (Nov-Dec), Sally Barker (Dec-Jan),
Vera van Heeringen (Nov) UK Tour Dates Page
Celtic Connections - Thurs 14 – Sun 31 January 2016
Artists appearing include: Jerry Douglas, The Lone Bellow, Angaleena Presley, Gretchen Peters, Jason Isbell, Kimmie Rhodes, Lindi Ortega,
Lucinda Williams, Patty Griffin, Rhiannon Giddens, Sturgill Simpson, Transatlantic Sessions + lots more

PRESS RELEASES

HUNTER HAYES PREPARES TO LAUNCH CMA AWARDS WEEK WITH HIS SECOND ANNUAL FREE, OUTDOOR CONCERT ON MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2. Nashville show will kick off a packed week of events leading up to the November 6 release of Hayes’ The 21 Project - PRESS RELEASE

Amber Hayes has been added to the 16-city Nothing But The Hits holiday tour. Performing alongside big names like Ronnie McDowell, Deborah Allen, Jeff Bates, Ken Mellons and others - PRESS RELEASE

CHASE RICE CONTINUES TO SELL OUT JD AND JESUS TOUR DATES AND NOTCHES SECOND TOP 5 SINGLE WITH “GONNA WANNA TONIGHT” - PRESS RELEASE

Nashville’s ALLISON VELTZ is joining 50 artists from across the country to compete in “A&E PROJECT STARTUP,” a crowdfunding initiative in partnership with RocketHub and Ovation TV, to gain support for her passion project, The White Room EP - PRESS RELEASE

Popular Country newcomer Alexandra Demetree's new acoustic music video, "Outta My Head," premiered on THE BOOT. Filmed at a vast, aged warehouse in Nashville's historic Germantown district, the video is stunning in its stark simplicity.... - PRESS RELEASE
livewirer
Supreme Member

Postby livewirer on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:41 am
IP:

PRESS RELEASES

Nashville, Tenn. (October 23, 2015) The 21st Annual ICM Faith, Family & Country™ Awards were held last night at Cornerstone Nashville to honor the biggest names and showcase emerging talent in Inspirational and Christian Country Music. Winners included T. Graham Brown for “Mainstream Country Male Artist,” Joey+Rory for “Mainstream Country Duo or Group” and Carrie Underwood, who received the most awards of the evening for “Mainstream Country Female Artist,” “Mainstream Song” and “Video of the Year” for her inspirational hit “Something in the Water.” - FULL WINNERS

I Was Enchanted To Meet You - The Oak Ridge Boys Can't "Shake It Off" After Seeing Taylor Swift - PRESS RELEASE

Jimmy Fortune member of The Statler Brothers, releases new album Hits & Hymns in Cracker Barrel Old Country Store® Locations, online and music retailers nationwide - PRESS RELEASE

Scotty McCreery to Receive Patrick D.Kenan Award for Vocal Health & Wellness at Duke Voice Care Center's 2016 World Voice Day Celebration on March 29, 2016 - PRESS RELEASE

C2C2014 & Shepherd's Bush Country Superstar Chris Young’s new album, I’M COMIN’ OVER available now for digital pre-order (out November 13) - PRESS RELEASE

Country rockers Exile will celebrate the Christmas season with a new album, Wrapped Up In Your Arms for Christmas, as well as a concert Thursday, December 17 at the historic Franklin Theatre which will feature new holiday music and the band’s decades of hits. - PRESS RELEASE
livewirer
Supreme Member

Postby Moshe on Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:21 pm
IP:

Interesting about John Jennings. I saw him with MCC in a few of her concerts.
That's quite a young age at which to go.
Moshe
Ultimate Member

Postby livewirer on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:03 am
IP:

Moshe wrote:Interesting about John Jennings. I saw him with MCC in a few of her concerts.
That's quite a young age at which to go.

I wasn't aware of John Jennings long term illness to fight the cancer. He looked almost unrecognizable with the treatment from when I remembered him.
Did you ever watch VH1 Country back in late 90s early 2000s? Pleased I have some VHS videos with his interviews on.
But for John Jennings encouraging Mary Chapin to become a performer I may never of been drawn to country music.
I think the Stones On The Road album will be his greatest legacy.

BLOG
Carrie Underwood: STORYTELLER Media Blitz

RADIO SHOW
Listen to the most recent show. Playlist for the week Oct 25, 2015 (ALBUM OF THE WEEK; Corb Lund) - BLOG PAGE
Southern Pacific - Hannah Bethel - The Bellamy Brothers - Jasmine Raye - Corb Lund - Dolly Parton - Don Gibson
Corb Lund - Kenny Johnson - Kenny Chesney - Luke Bryan - Brett Eldredge - One Night Rodeo
livewirer
Supreme Member

Postby livewirer on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:12 am
IP:

PRESS RELEASES

Haley & Michaels experienced a night they will never forget as they stepped inside the sacred circle to make their Grand Ole Opry debut Saturday, Oct. 24 - PRESS RELEASE

The Oak Ridge Boys, became one of the newest inductees into the Country Music Hall of Fame during a star-studded emotional Medallion Ceremony on October 25, 2015. - PRESS RELEASE
Read More at Rollingstone & CMA World

The traditional CMA roll out continues...... The 49th Annual CMA Awards: Joining the lineup of Country Music’s biggest stars are Florida Georgia Line, Little Big Town, Zac Brown Band, and Dierks Bentley in a special performance with electronic violinist Lindsey Stirling - PRESS RELEASE

ALDEAN does GOOD: Jason Aldean 'Concert For The Cure' Raises $615K For Susan G. Komen: BROKEN BOW RECORDS artist JASON ALDEAN capped his "2015 BURN IT DOWN TOUR" at CORAL SKY AMPHITHEATER in WEST PALM BEACH, FL on SATURDAY (10/24) with his "10TH ANNUAL CONCERT FOR THE CURE". Each year, ALDEAN selects a city at random from his OCTOBER tour stop schedule and donates the night's ticket proceeds to the local SUSAN G. KOMEN chapter. This year, ALDEAN raised over $615,000 benefitting SUSAN G. KOMEN SOUTH FLORIDA, which was raised from a portion of ticket sales over the course of the "2015 BURN IT DOWN TOUR."
livewirer
Supreme Member

Postby Svitlana on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:03 pm
IP:

Your content is very interesting. I'm glad I stumbled upon it
Happy to be one of http://www.poptop.uk.com suppliers and freelance event planners :)
Svitlana

Postby livewirer on Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:03 am
IP:

Svitlana wrote:Your content is very interesting. I'm glad I stumbled upon it
Thanks

PRESS RELEASES

Country music icon Hank Williams Jr. announced that his new album (37th album in his five-decade career). IT’S ABOUT TIME, will be released January 15, 2016 on Nash Icon Records. On November 4, the Superstar will world premiere his lead single, “Are You Ready for the Country” featuring Eric Church, across Cumulus stations nationwide. That evening, the pair will open the 49th Annual CMA Awards with the new collaboration - PRESS RELEASE

(27 Oct 2015) The stars are lining up for country singer/songwriter Josh Dorr with his brand new fearlessly up-tempo single “Rocket” - PRESS RELEASE

(27 Oct 2015) Chris Young, along with tourmates Eric Paslay and Clare Dunn, wowed crowds in Savannah, GA, Alpharetta, GA and Chattanooga, TN over the weekend on the “I’m Comin’ Over” World Tour. Young entertained audiences with a string of #1s and fan favorites during his set and introduced new music from his upcoming album, I’m Comin’ Over... - PRESS RELEASE

(27 Oct 2015) Kenny Chesney Spreads The Love: 11 Stadium Shows (w. More Ahead) are 1st First 2016 Tour Reveal. Miranda Lambert again pairs with 8-Time Entertainer of the Year. Sam Hunt, Old Dominion are also part of All-Day stadium shows. -PRESS RELEASE

(27 Oct 2015) BBC Music proudly announces 'Adele at the BBC', a world-exclusive entertainment show hosted by Graham Norton for BBC One.
The one-off hour long special will be broadcast on BBC One in November. Adele will perform classic tracks as well as songs from her eagerly awaited new album '25', accompanied by her live band, as well as chat to Graham about her career and life to date.
livewirer
Supreme Member

Postby livewirer on Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:14 am
IP:

2015 British Country Music Awards Winners:
Check out all the WINNERS and nominees of The Ascot Lawyers British Country Music Awards for 2015.
BLOG POST

PRESS RELEASES
(28 Oct 2015) CHARLIE DANIELS' BIRTHDAY BASH GIVES BACK TO VETERANS: Country Stars Chris Young, Brenda Lee and Ryan Weaver Lend Talent To Support Fundraising Event for The Journey Home Project on October 27 - PRESS RELEASE

NRA COUNTRY NAMES DRAKE WHITE AS FEATURED ARTIST FOR OCTOBER
NASHVILLE, Tenn.- (Oct. 28, 2015) – Singer/songwriter DRAKE WHITE has been chosen as NRA Country’s Featured Artist for October..... "The knowledge, confidence and responsibility that comes with being an accomplished hunter has no doubt armed me with the character that this world requires to be called a man,” said White. “I am Drake White and I am NRA Country.” - PRESS RELEASE
NOTE: The National Rifle Association (NRA) is a formidable opponent, however, when it comes to grass-roots organizing. It has more than 4 million members who feel passionately about gun rights. Nearly 90 percent of NRA members oppose the banning semi-automatic weapons.

GEORGE STRAIT ANNOUNCES 2017 “STRAIT TO VEGAS” DATES: Two shows added for February 17 and 18, 2017 at the Las Vegas Arena; Pre-sale begins this Friday, October 30 at 10:00 a.m. PT - PRESS RELEASE
* Note: Christmas has come early for the UK Country DJs as they are now in receipt of their FREE Cold, Beer Conversation CDs sent to them courtesy of HUMPHEAD records. Request away and expect to hear it right across radio the next few weeks. Heard some other new tracks (drinkin' songs), just OK

GRAMMY Season; Kinky Friedman; Birthplace of Country Music Radio: The Americana Music Association is proud to co-sponsor a reception for Kinky Friedman to celebrate the release of his first studio album in over three decades, The Loneliest Man I Ever Met. - PRESS RELEASE

Reba, Brooks & Dunn To Perform Together On 'CMA Awards' - CMA PRESS RELEASE
livewirer
Supreme Member

Postby livewirer on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:22 pm
IP:

PRESS RELEASES

COUNTRY'S FAMILY REUNION "TRIBUTE" SERIES HONORS BILL ANDERSON, T. GRAHAM BROWN, B.J. THOMAS, THE WHITES, RIDERS IN THE SKY, GENE WATSON AND MOE BANDY IN NOVEMBER - PRESS RELEASE

(29 Oct 2015) – Webster Public Relations is pleased to announce the addition of John Anderson to its’ roster for publicity representation. - PRESS RELEASE

(30 Oct 2015) REX ALLEN JR., COUNTRY-WESTERN LEGEND, TO APPEAR ON NEW RFD-TV SPECIAL: "FRIZZELL & FRIENDS ROUNDUP" - PRESS RELEASE

LOCASH on the heels of their current Top 20 and climbing Country Billboard single “I Love This Life,” release their first six-track E.P., I Love This Life, with new label, Reviver Records - PRESS RELEASE
Listen - https://open.spotify.com/album/0jb23ClZPhBOywVDWDPmZp

(30 Oct 2015) – It’s been nearly 13 years since country legend T.G. Sheppard released his last commercial album, and now he is back and better than ever with Legendary Friends & Country Duets. The star-studded project features collaborations with icons like George Jones, Willie Nelson (<< KEV!), Merle Haggard, Conway Twitty, Jerry Lee Lewis - PRESS RELEASE
Amazon UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015NHS53I
UK iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/legen ... 1041635409

(30 Oct 2015) An incredible opportunity for both George Jones possum fans and discerning tastemakers worldwide to get in the "spirit" and get pis-ed on a White Lightning Lawnmower drive - PRESS RELEASE

(30 Oct 2015) Justin Moore offers fans a taste of new music today, releasing lead single “You Look Like I Need a Drink” (The Valory Music Co.) to radio and digital retailers. - PRESS RELEASE
iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/you-l ... 1051964482

UK TOUR DATES

The Cadillac Three
With their November 9th O2 Academy Islington show already sold out, electrifying Nashville trio The Cadillac Three have announced a full headline UK tour for January and February 2016.
THE CADILLAC THREE ‘NIGHT LIFE RELIGION’ 2016 UK TOUR:
Thursday 28th January – Leeds, Brudenell Social Club
Friday 29th January – Newcastle, University
Saturday 30th January – Glasgow, Garage
Sunday 31st January – Manchester, Academy 2
Tuesday 2nd February – Norwich, The Waterfront
Wednesday 3rd February – Brighton, Concorde 2
Thursday 4th February – Birmingham, O2 Institute
Friday 5th February – London, Electric Ballroom
Saturday 6th February – Cardiff, Tramshed

Other dates ADDED
Aaron Watson (Jan 2016) , The Cadillac Three (Jan/Feb 2016) , Nathan Carter (March 2016),
Kristian Bush (Nov), Brian Hughes (Concert For Amy; November), Carrivick Sisters (Nov - Jan), Patty Griffin (Jan 2016)
UK Tour Dates Page
livewirer
Supreme Member

Postby livewirer on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:38 pm
IP:

RADIO SHOW
Listen to the most recent shows. Playlist for the week Oct 31, 2015 (ALBUM OF THE WEEK; The Mastersons) - BLOG PAGE
Take a walk in the country
Shania Twain - Sweetwater Rain - Deana Carter - Glen Campbell - Wade Bowen - Don Williams - Slocan Ramblers -
John Jennings - Claire Petrie - Ashton Lane - Chase Rice - Luke Bryan
livewirer
Supreme Member

Postby livewirer on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:19 am
IP:

PRESS RELEASES

CRYSTAL GAYLE HONORS HITMAKER WHO PENNED "DON'T IT MAKE MY BROWN EYES BLUE" AND "I'LL GET OVER YOU": Gayle Honors Songwriter Richard Leigh During SESAC Nashville Music Awards - PRESS RELEASE

JIMMY FORTUNE TOPS BILLBOARD MUSIC VIDEO (DVD) CHART LANDING AT #1 and his latest album Hits & Hymns, is off to a roaring start, as it debuts on Billboard’s Country Albums chart at No. 10, becoming his first top ten record on the chart as a solo artist PRESS RELEASE

(3 Nov 2015) – Country music stars Mo and Holly Pitney and Asleep At The Wheel join Renae The Waitress, Sheriff Jimmy Capps, Keith Bilbrey and hilarious church gossip Nadine this November in ALL-NEW upcoming episodes of “Larry’s Country Diner” airing nationwide on RFD-TV. - PRESS RELEASE

(1 Nov 2015) DRAKE WHITE AND THE BIG FIRE ON HOT LIVE STREAK: On last of nearly a dozen dates with Little Big Town, White surprises during "Pontoon" - PRESS RELEASE

(2 Nov 2015) OLD DOMINION SCORES FIRST NO.1 AT COUNTRY RADIO WITH "BREAK UP WITH HIM" - PRESS RELEASE

CMA NEWS
Announced this morning on Good Morning America, Justin Timberlake was revealed as the special guest performing LIVE on stage with 3-time nominee Chris Stapleton! Don't miss more exclusive duets like Eric Church with Hank Williams, Jr., Reba with Brooks & Dunn, Thomas Rhett with Fall Out Boy, and Keith Urban with John Mellencamp.

AT&T CMA AWARDS RED CARPET - Get a front row seat to the AT&T CMA Awards Red Carpet arrivals from "The 49th Annual CMA Awards” with special performances from Hunter Hayes and Jana Kramer. Airs LIVE Wednesday, November 4th at 7pm ET exclusively on AUDIENCE (DIRECTV Ch. 239 and AT&T U-verse Ch. 1114), with live streaming beginning at 6pm ET (Midnight UK) - http://www.att.com/cmaredcarpet/
** This was not viewable from UK last year.
I can find NO American radio station broadcasting the CMA's live apart from iHeart stations but it's on a subscription service!
livewirer
Supreme Member

Postby livewirer on Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:32 am
IP:

NEWS
(Nov. 9, 2015) Scotty McCreery Releases Brand New “Southern Belle” Music Video - BLOG POST

(Nov. 9, 2015) Dianna Corcoran Announces New Album, In America, and sets Jan 29, 2016 Release Date - BLOG POST

PRESS RELEASES
(9 Nov 2015) Old Dominion's “Break Up With Him” No. 1 for second week on Billboard/BDS Country Airplay chart. First week at No. 1 on Country Aircheck/Mediabase Country. - PRESS RELEASE

(9 Nov 2015) Crowd favorites Lorraine Jordan & Carolina Road continue to bring their hard-driving bluegrass sound to audiences nationwide with their new music video for "Common Man," featuring Grand Ole Opry star John Conlee. - PRESS RELEASE

(9 Nov 2015) CHRIS YOUNG SETS Jan/ Feb 2016 “I’M COMIN' OVER” US TOUR HEADLINING DATES: “Think Of You” duet partner Cassadee Pope to join as special guest - PRESS RELEASE

(10 Nov 2015) Rhonda Vincent's "Christmas Time" Debuts at #2 on Bluegrass Albums chart - PRESS RELEASE

(10 Nov 2015) – The Nashville Association of Talent Directors (NATD) annual Gala honored the best in their respective fields - PRESS RELEASE

(10 Nov 2015) Kellie Pickler appeared today on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” where she talked about her new hit CMT docu-comedy television series “I Love Kellie Pickler.” Television needs this???! :roll: - PRESS RELEASE
livewirer
Supreme Member

PreviousNext

Return to Worldwide Country Music