Country Exclisives 2017

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Re: Country Exclisives 2017

Postby Moshe » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:03 am

COUNTRY BENEFIT CONCERT UPDATE
The COUNTRY RISING benefit concert set for 12th November in Nashville to benefit victims of recent hurricans in Texas, Florida & Puerto Rico, will now also benefit victims of the Las Vegas massacre.
Keith Urban will join Carrie underwood, Jason Aldean, Lady Antebellum , George Strait, Reba McEntire, Martina McBride, Little Big Town & many other top acts in the line up.
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:10 am

Condolences to Loretta Lynn, Crystal Gayle and other family members on the death of their brother Donald Ray Webb who died at the age of 76.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:30 am

Moshe wrote:COUNTRY BENEFIT CONCERT UPDATE
The COUNTRY RISING benefit concert set for 12th November in Nashville to benefit victims of recent hurricans in Texas, Florida & Puerto Rico, will now also benefit victims of the Las Vegas massacre.
Keith Urban will join Carrie underwood, Jason Aldean, Lady Antebellum , George Strait, Reba McEntire, Martina McBride, Little Big Town & many other top acts in the line up.

This isn't a FORUM exclusive Christian already kindly shared the Press Release
Christian Lamitschka wrote:Keith Urban, Jason Aldean, Dierks Bentley, Sam Hunt, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, Martina McBride, Reba McEntire, Chris Stapleton, George Strait and Carrie Underwood Nov. 12 at Bridgestone Arena to support Las Vegas victims! http://countrymusicnewsinternational.bl ... ntley.html

Are they trying to draw a line under what happened in Las Vegas.
I wonder how many of the stars are members of the NRA? I know Aldean is a hunter and shooter.
Will they use this event to distance the country industry from one of their backers and sponsors NRA COUNTRY. Will there be a NRA Artist of the month for October?
Trump saying "Now is not the time" to look at gun control is just the same old line nothing ever happens with their crazy laws.
You couldn't pay me enough money to live in America.
As long as they allow people to compile an ars-nal of weapons and ammo these events will continue to happen and on average 270 Americans die every day from gun related crimes, suicides.... The guy walked into a top class Vegas hotel with 17 rifles for heavens sake, does the hotel have no security or staff cleaning out rooms?

The COUNTRY RISING will become an annual , bi-Annual or even more event. What will be the next "Pray For...."

Moshe wrote:Condolences to Loretta Lynn, Crystal Gayle and other family members on the death of their brother Donald Ray Webb who died at the age of 76.

Taste of Country (dreadful these days) must have been short of news. Never heard of him.
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:39 pm

livewire wrote:
Moshe wrote:COUNTRY BENEFIT CONCERT UPDATE

Are they trying to draw a line under what happened in Las Vegas.
I wonder how many of the stars are members of the NRA? I know Aldean is a hunter and shooter.
Will they use this event to distance the country industry from one of their backers and sponsors NRA COUNTRY. Will there be a NRA Artist of the month for October?
Trump saying "Now is not the time" to look at gun control is just the same old line nothing ever happens with their crazy laws.
You couldn't pay me enough money to live in America.
As long as they allow people to compile an ars-nal of weapons and ammo these events will continue to happen and on average 270 Americans die every day from gun related crimes, suicides.... The guy walked into a top class Vegas hotel with 17 rifles for heavens sake, does the hotel have no security or staff cleaning out rooms?

The COUNTRY RISING will become an annual , bi-Annual or even more event. What will be the next "Pray For...."

And here was me thinking I was the cynical one!! There seem to be lots of country music themed events going on at just about any given time to raise funds for a seemingly endless selection of causes - dog homes, medical treatment for hard up musicians, church roofs, kid's summer camps, natural disasters, etc., etc. This is just another one of those. I don't really see how it's about 'drawing a line' under anything?
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:56 pm

That is just Livewirer's weird crap.

Same old, same old
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Livewirer, your posts becomming more absurd by the day.

The one sentence on Loretta & Crystal's brother was expressing condolences to them. Don't give a F who have have or have not heard of.

I think US gun laws are barking but this is not the place for rants about them. UNLESS we have comments or rants by country artistes or those in the industry, then I will report them.

As to your bizarre question about cleaners in the Hotel Room. The guy had a Do Not Disturb sign on his door throughout his stay. He had expressed that he did not want cleaners to enter his room during his stay. This is not unusual.

Even if cleaners had gone in, the weapons would have been in bags or cases. Do you really expect cleaning staff to search guests stuff?

Would you really want that?
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:02 pm

C2C 2018 LINEUP

C2C have anounced the day split and Satelight stage of their 2018 Festival.

Some good artistes in the lineup.

But, for myself, not enough on any one day to entice me to shell out for a ticket. If any free tickets are going, though, I would be happy to attend & catch the artistes I want to see! :twisted: :wink:
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:49 pm

This should be a great gig- in Memphis!

They should bring it over here!

I really like all 4 of the artistes involved!
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:47 am

I know some people like to be cynical about anyone who reaches out a hand to help someone else, but it is better than doing nothing!
For example Dolly Parton's Imagination Library has given millions of books to children who otherwise may never have had a book in their house. We know it has helped many children in literacy & helped engender a love of reading and a love of learning, which can only be a good thing!
Now Dolly Parton has teamed up with One America Hurricane Relief which is endorsed by five former presidents.
Be as cynical as you want, but this effort is giving real help to people in dire straits, and that is a whole lot better than a punch in the face!
As well as making a hefty financial contribution, Dolly has also, through her Imagination Library has supplied thousands of books to children in Hurricane affected areas.
I know some people will sneer, but that is damn good in my books!
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby kev » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:24 pm

Moshe wrote:I know some people like to be cynical about anyone who reaches out a hand to help someone else, but it is better than doing nothing!
For example Dolly Parton's Imagination Library has given millions of books to children who otherwise may never have had a book in their house. We know it has helped many children in literacy & helped engender a love of reading and a love of learning, which can only be a good thing!
Now Dolly Parton has teamed up with One America Hurricane Relief which is endorsed by five former presidents.
Be as cynical as you want, but this effort is giving real help to people in dire straits, and that is a whole lot better than a punch in the face!
As well as making a hefty financial contribution, Dolly has also, through her Imagination Library has supplied thousands of books to children in Hurricane affected areas.

Yeah, she's a good ol' bird! Can't help but respect her for what she does!
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:58 pm

kev wrote:
Moshe wrote:I know some people like to be cynical about anyone who reaches out a hand to help someone else, but it is better than doing nothing!

Yeah, she's a good ol' bird! Can't help but respect her for what she does!

Yeah, I really do like Dolly. Not keen on her new album, but it is a children's album & I'm not exactly a chi;ld, so that's OK :wink:
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:09 pm

Going to see this girl on Tuesday

Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:23 am

Moshe wrote:C2C 2018 LINEUP

C2C have anounced the day split and Satelight stage of their 2018 Festival.

Some good artistes in the lineup.

But, for myself, not enough on any one day to entice me to shell out for a ticket. If any free tickets are going, though, I would be happy to attend & catch the artistes I want to see! :twisted: :wink:

Looking at the line-ups, the Sunday looks pretty good. Emmylou Harris is a great artiste, Margo Price is very good & Midland have a pretty good country sound. But do I really want to see Little Big Town again? On the plus side, I could leave early and avoid the crowds. I'll see
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:24 am

Interesting interview with Margo Price, reflecting on her new album, the state of america & politics. http://www.rollingstone.com/country/fea ... lp-w509720
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby kev » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:45 am

Moshe wrote:Looking at the line-ups, the Sunday looks pretty good. Emmylou Harris is a great artiste, Margo Price is very good & Midland have a pretty good country sound. But do I really want to see Little Big Town again? On the plus side, I could leave early and avoid the crowds. I'll see

I certainly get your point (and isn't it funny to see the least country act highlighting a country festival! :lol: ) but the ticket prices are just so high (cheapest is £45 to sit up in the nosebleed seats). Ultimately, if I were choosing to see those three acts I'd much rather see them somewhere more intimate with a better atmosphere ... it'd be a great line-up for somewhere like Hammersmith!
kev

Ultimate Member

PreviousNext

Return to Worldwide Country Music