"Nashville" Season 5

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Re: "Nashville" Season 5

Postby Moshe » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:21 pm

Well, Rayna has passed on but "Nashville" goes on, and there will be a season6.
A number of questions emerge. What will happen to Rayna's label? I am sure it will go on, with Bucky at the helm. Will Deacon play a part in the running of the label?

A big question, when it comes to Deacon, will Rayna's death trigger another meltdown?

I think not. I think he will be anchored by his responsibility to the girls and his promise to Rayna. Rayna has pretty much been his life since he came to Nashville, and her passing will obviously affect him profoundly.
But I don't think it will send him into another alcoholic downturn for the reasons I indicated earlier.
Juliet is re emerging as a calmer, wiser, more centred person, but as determined and impatient as ever.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby lo&m » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:50 pm

That was a tough watch.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby livewire » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:28 am

Moshe wrote:Season 5, Episode 9: "If Tomorrow Never Comes".
Blimey! The most powerful episode on "Nashville" to date,
Maybe the most powerful episode of any TV drama series ever.

The people who made this episode understand grief, and the events were powerfully and realistically portrayed.
I cried buckets.
TV drama at its best and truest.

Awwwwwwwwwww
Please accept my sincere condolences on your deep loss. I am so sorry, you will miss Rayna so much.
I believe the NHS can help with grief counselling
If not you might want to seek help here - http://www.samaritans.org/branches/inne ... samaritans

Have you bought "Sanctuary" from the Season 5 soundtrack?
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:39 am

lo&m wrote:That was a tough watch.

Yep, powerfully done.
Apparently Connie Britton, (who plays Rayna), wanted to pursue other offers that had been made to her, so they had to write her departure into the story.
They have done it very well, maximising on the drama.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:04 pm

Episode 12 of Season 5 "Back In The Saddle"
The last few episodes of "Nashville" have been dealing with the aftermath of Rayna's death and were pretty dark, capturing the world of grief very effectively.
This episode is titled "Back In The Saddle", which is what are protagonists are trying to do, getting back to life.
Juliette's gospel album is released and is met with seemingly universal thumbs down by the critics, which hits Juliette hard.
Juliette is getting fully into overseeing Maddie's musical career, and they clash over arrangements on one of the songs on the forthcomming album.
Maddie's younger sister, Daphne, though, has gone into clinical depression and Deacon is finding this hard to deal with. Daphne is receiving therapy and appears to be, tentatively, on the road back to recovery.
Meanwhile will is enjoying being part of a couple with Zack, the wealthy digital whiz kid from LA who bought into Highway 65. However, signs of trouble brewing as Zack clashes with the label mainstay, Bucky, and at episodes end is suggesting to Deacon that they may have to let Bucky go.
I can't see this going down well, as Bucky was one of the most trusted people in Rayna's life and has overseen the label succesfully.
Watch for drama on that front!
And, finally, last week Scarlette found out she was pregnant but didn't know who the dad is. It seems it was either Gunner or the British video producer duds. The DNA tests show it is not gunner.
Scarlet does not seem to have been in touch with the baby's presumed father and Gunner rushes to Scarlett's home & makes an emotional appeal to her for them to be a couple.
Scarlet appears ready to consider this.

So, that is "Nashville", episode 12. Another 10 episodes to come in this season.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:53 pm

Also in this episode, young Daphne gets a taste of Nashville's other side when, in the throes of depression, she turns away from school, wanders around town and gets a, benign, taste of the underbelly of Music City.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:49 am

Episode 14.
Anoother really strong episode.
The series continues to improve, much less soapy than previously. This is developing into a very strong, proper drama series with some great music.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:24 pm

Moshe wrote:Episode 14.
Anoother really strong episode.
The series continues to improve, much less soapy than previously. This is developing into a very strong, proper drama series with some great music.

Can't watch it
The chatter online from various sources seems to be that it's a depressing storylines right up there with East Enders.

Big Machine set to release yer another Nashville Cast Album this week!
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby PeterJD » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:50 am

I am watching at US pace and my life its been laugh free this season
Ask forgiveness, not permission.
PeterJD

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:38 am

Love the way this series is going. More Drama, less Soap.
Great acting, and the music is getting back into the foreground & quality is improving. Anyone know who is the director of music for this season?
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby PeterJD » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:42 am

I have commented on how good the music has been this season to my wife. So good.
Ask forgiveness, not permission.
PeterJD

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:56 am

(11 Aug 2017) Nashville Cast - The Music of Nashville (Original Soundtrack from Season 5), Vol. 3
iTunes- https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/music ... 1261212508
SPOTIFY - https://open.spotify.com/album/1wWk389GrDmgvFAdbMlFLY

UK iTunes Debut #5 (#65 overall UK Albums chart)
Best tracks probably but wasn't really wowed by any of them
** On My Way Choir version
* Love Until It Hurts (Lennon & Massie)

High notes and dramatic interludes culminate with the season finale of “Nashville” and worldwide release of THE MUSIC OF NASHVILLE, SEASON 5 VOLUME 3. The 17-track disc marks the first ever third volume in the history of the series. Featuring fan-favorites, each song reflects the personal and artistic growth of each beloved character viewers continue to embrace

Producer [Soundtrack Album Producer] – Tim Lauer (American pianist and keyboardist)
Executive-Producers – Callie Khouri, Steve Buchanan, Dawn Solér, Peter Dicecco and Russell Ziecker.
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:09 pm

Mmmm, these guys are doing a much better job with the music than Buddy Miller did.
It has been really good lately.
The drama has also been much better, with the show seeming much more like real life, very well done.
For those who can't watch the current season, I would recomment once the season has run on UK TV, that the DVD will be available to buy. Certainly the best season of this series so far.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:05 pm

Moshe wrote:Mmmm, these guys are doing a much better job with the music than Buddy Miller did.
It has been really good lately.
The drama has also been much better, with the show seeming much more like real life, very well done.
For those who can't watch the current season, I would recomment once the season has run on UK TV, that the DVD will be available to buy. Certainly the best season of this series so far.

The new Soundtrack album improves with more plays but nothing absolutely outstanding. You buying it Moshe?

If it can't be broadcast on TV then not bothered about buying the DVD to watch it. Also it was more for the music anyway which can listen to even if don't know the plot.

It's Lennon Stella birthday today.

"Nashville" recap: "Reasons to Quit"
After Thursday’s season finale, Nashville’s most notorious on-again, off-again couple may finally be over.
Moments before playing a 35th anniversary show at the Bluebird Café, Gunnar Scott told Scarlett O’Connor he was done pursuing a relationship. Admitting his own faults and acknowledging he had work to do, the male half of The Exes went on to point out that Scarlett rarely truly lets anyone in and constantly picks apart the people who try to love her. Realizing everything wrong with their relationship wasn’t his fault, Gunnar was finally ready to walk away.
Highway 65’s artists pulled together to try to keep the label afloat after Zach Welles (whoever he is) took all of his money out of the company, cancelling its credit cards and having the electricity turned off. Jessie Caine’s (whoever she is) mercurial ex-husband even tried to enlist both Zach and Deacon Claybourne in a takeover deal.
Meanwhile, Deacon and Jessie continued to grow closer, and even his daughters Maddie Jaymes and Daphne Conrad seemed to be noticing it -- perhaps realizing their dad might find love again after Rayna's death.
When Deacon learned the root of the disagreement between Maddie and Juliette Barnes -- that Juliette had hijacked the song originally intended for Maddie -- a bridge was burned. Even though Juliette desperately wanted to make amends, Deacon assured her if Highway 65 survived, she’d no longer be a part of it.
In the nick of time, Juliette mounted a brilliant plan to help both Highway 65 and her relationship with Maddie. She publicly confessed, apologized and withdrew herself from the American Music Awards, where she was nominated against Maddie.
Rayna’s widower offered a vision of a new future: one where Zach wasn’t a dictator, but Highway 65 was run as a partnership.
Season six of Nashville kicks off early next year on CMT.
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:18 am

Alyssa (whoever she is) and Deacon's Surprise Kiss on Nashville Season 5 -

Episode 22 Trailer

There was a Jam sesh with Kacey Musgraves and Lennon and Maisy on "Clockwork" (>> Twitter Video ) in the Nashville CMT season final but she isn't credited on the Nashville Cast - Season 5 Vol 3 tracklist
Track 3. “Clockwork” performed by Lennon & Maisy | The writers are Trent Dabbs, Lennon Stella, Marylynne Stella
livewire

Supreme Member

Previous

Return to Worldwide Country Music