Chris Country

This is the place to discuss Country Music that is NOT specific to the UK

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Chris Country

Postby Moshe on Thu May 05, 2016 8:54 am
IP:

What do you guys think about the new digital radio station Chris country?
I have listened sporadically & these are my first impressions-
They play some good stuff, but for me their music is not varied enough, & seems too closely modelled on American Country Radio format.
British country fans tend to be more drawn to the singer-songwriter types, so there should be more of that & more rootsy stuff, too.

Also, do they have any DJ's? I do not like DJ's who prattle too much, but like to have a presenter who can namecheck the track/ artiste, possibly also with some relevant information.
In any case, the station is welcome addition to our airwaves.
Just one thing. My phone only has FM Stations. Are there phones which also have DAB radio?
Moshe
Ultimate Member

Re: Chris Country

Postby PeterJD on Thu May 05, 2016 9:25 am
IP:

I like chris country, the problem I have and the reason I dont listen to them as much as I would like is that their signal drops too much for me, via app or online its the same. Content is fine, very much mainstream, also would like to hear a DJ, but otherwise when the stream does work its ok for me.
Ask forgiveness, not permission.
PeterJD
Supreme Member

Postby livewirer on Tue May 10, 2016 9:46 pm
IP:

I've not listened beyond 30 mins of Chris Radio, just boring.
Just robitic playlist with no human. The station does have podcast presenter shows now and again.

As Chris told Country Music People he is obsessed by mainstream AMERICAN country music.
He does throw in a Brit artist now and again who I believe have to pay to be played.
It seems to be "cool" to listen to Chris Country.

You can listen to the top 40 Country Songs anytime you want on streaming services.

If you want Rascal Flatts "blowing up your phone" and "Like the Sound Of That" then Chris Radio will be for you.

Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, 2016 Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewirer
Supreme Member

Postby kev on Wed May 11, 2016 8:51 am
IP:

If the list of names on that flyer is a typical playlist, I'll give it a miss, thank you!!
kev
Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe on Wed May 11, 2016 8:53 am
IP:

I quite like the station, but I do not like the computer type thing Livewirer referred to with no dj's.
I think the station needs to get in a few presenters to make it feel more human.
Moshe
Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe on Fri May 20, 2016 5:58 pm
IP:

The more I have been listening to this station, the more I like it. They play quite a range of modern & classic country. It also means I can listen to country while at work!
Moshe
Ultimate Member

Return to Worldwide Country Music