WSM "The Legend"

This is the place to discuss Country Music that is NOT specific to the UK

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

WSM "The Legend"

Postby Moshe on Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:52 pm
IP:

I have been listening to quite a bit of WSM lately.
One of the shows I enjoy is Saturday Night at The Grande Ole Opry. The timing is a bit tricky for us this side of the pond./ But I have woken up at about 2AM on a Sunday morning & listened in bed before going back to sleep.
Quite an entertaining show. Connie Smith hosted one portion, Bill Anderson hosted the last segment & guests included Crystal Gayle.

Another show I enjoy on WSM on Sundays is "Sunday Down South", which is a selection of country gospel for the most part. I am not a Christian nor particularly religious, but I enjoy the music & the down home presentation! The show can be heard in the UK Sunday afternoons, though it is actually mornings in the States.

BTW, there two WSM's in Nashville. One is WSM FM which is a country music station, but his nothing to do with it's AM counterpart WSM The Legend.
Moshe
Ultimate Member

Re: WSM "The Legend"

Postby kev on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:01 pm
IP:

Moshe wrote:
BTW, there two WSM's in Nashville. One is WSM FM which is a country music station, but his nothing to do with it's AM counterpart WSM The Legend.

They used to be under the one umbrella but split about 10 years ago. I think they share the same transmitters. I listen to The Legend from time to time and enjoy the mix of music but do find that they obsess over the 80s and 90s a bit too much for my taste.
kev
Ultimate Member

Return to Worldwide Country Music