Country Exclisives 2017

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Re: Country Exclisives 2017

Postby livewire » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:16 am

Moshe wrote:Rayna James comes back to life- on Stephen Colbert's Late Show. Actually, it is Connie Britton, who confirms that Rayna James is dead!

This was in FEBRUARY 2017
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:09 am

The Bobby Bones Show won the CMA Broadcast Radio Personality of the Year Award.
Bobby Bones hosts the Bobby Bones Breakfast show from Radio WSIX FM in Nashville. The show is syndicated nationwide.
As well as his on air antics, Bobby Bones also records music, mostly novelty songs, with his band "Bobby Bones & The Raging Idiots"
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby kev » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:43 am

Moshe wrote:The Bobby Bones Show won the CMA Broadcast Radio Personality of the Year Award.
Bobby Bones hosts the Bobby Bones Breakfast show from Radio WSIX FM in Nashville. The show is syndicated nationwide.
As well as his on air antics, Bobby Bones also records music, mostly novelty songs, with his band "Bobby Bones & The Raging Idiots"

I thought that was Brains from Thunderbirds!
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:27 pm

kev wrote:
Moshe wrote:The Bobby Bones Show won the CMA Broadcast Radio Personality of the Year Award.

I thought that was Brains from Thunderbirds!

Never saw Thunderbirds, but you could say "He has a good face for radio". :wink: A bit like Chris Evans?

I have heard his show a couple of times. Not bad, but far too much nattering & not enough music. His album is mildly amusing. Wonder if his salary comparesto Chris Evans? Chris gets about £2million PA for his breakfast show. Oh, well
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:38 pm

Mary Gauthier shares her thoughts on the victims of the countless disasters facing people in the USA.

"Tonight, in my own bed, in my own home, I think of all the folks who have been made homeless over the last few weeks of relentless disasters: Hurricanes and floods in Houston and surroundings areas, in the Florida Keys, in Puerto Rico, Earthquake in Mexico, and now horrible fires in Santa Rosa CA. and surrounding areas.
Going home when the day is done. So fundamental to the feeling of safety. To suddenly have no home, devastating.
We all just wanna go home.
SANTA ROSA, Calif. ― As wildfires ravage communities in Northern California, thousands who have evacuated are wondering when they can go home ― and others have no home to go back to."

Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:19 pm

TWAIN ADDS EXTRA 02 DATE DUE TO "OVERWHELMING DEMAND".
Due to "Phenomenal demand" Shania Twain has added an extra date at London's 02 to her tour. The extra date will be 3rd October 2018. Tickets for this extra date go on sale tomorrow.
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:15 am

Interesting New York Times interview with MARGO PRICE, who has a new album out 20th October.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/12/arts ... v=top-news
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:42 am

Moshe wrote:TWAIN ADDS EXTRA 02 DATE DUE TO "OVERWHELMING DEMAND".
Due to "Phenomenal demand" Shania Twain has added an extra date at London's 02 to her tour. The extra date will be 3rd October 2018. Tickets for this extra date go on sale tomorrow.

Yes I read that about "phenomenal demand". You're hyping it as much as Chris Country & UKCountryRadio.com who both appear with their advertising to be "in bed" with Live Nation.
So much for austerity that we are told has been hurting people in UK. With tickets at £95 - £210 there seem to be folks with plenty of disposable income or are running up even more personal debt!
Well done to Shania and her team after a 15-year music absence to create so much buzz and to land better than expected sales in America (134K when industry predicted 120K) with a No.1. The offset of the pre-sales will become apparent in week 2 and how much fans really like NOW once they have actually heard it.
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:50 am

Livewirer, what is your problem? Twain's comeback is very succesful, like it or not.
She was the only country act this year to debut #1 on the All Genre Album charts both sides of the Atlantic. She has a huge world sell out tour next year.

Obviously you have a grudge against her, but ignoring the facts is just silly!

I won't be buying the album. It is fine, but not special for me. I will not be attending the concerts- I have seen her a number of times before & have no interest in going now.

But many thousands will. GET OVER IT!!!
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:24 am

Moshe wrote:Livewirer, what is your problem? Twain's comeback is very succesful, like it or not.
She was the only country act this year to debut #1 on the All Genre Album charts both sides of the Atlantic. She has a huge world sell out tour next year.

Obviously you have a grudge against her, but ignoring the facts is just silly!
But many thousands will. GET OVER IT!!!

Moshe, You act like her publicist!!!!!
RTFS!!!!!!! = Well done to Shania and her team
Her label will have spent a pile of money on Radio, TV and online promotion.
I don't have a grudge I'm just having a view on the FACTS rather than believing the hype being preached from the powers at be.
15 years on Shania & her team are faced with a sluggish sales market which is now 62% streaming "sales".
The real money today is be made in the live concert scene which is why Shania returned with her Las Vegas run followed by an album to promote her NOW world tour. She didn't need C2C it seems she will sell out the O2 twice on her own. Ka-Ching! the only way is UP!
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:31 am

I'm hardly acting as her publicist when I rate the album as bland and say I will not be attending any of the concerts! :rofl3: :rflmao:

I am just reporting the FACTS. Your predictions that the album and tour would be a flop have been proved wrong. I knew her tour would be a sell out, but it seems demand has exeeded my expectations and her album sales certainly have.

Well done to Shania!
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:52 am

Moshe wrote:I'm hardly acting as her publicist when I rate the album as bland and say I will not be attending any of the concerts! :rofl3: :rflmao:

I am just reporting the FACTS. Your predictions that the album and tour would be a flop have been proved wrong. I knew her tour would be a sell out, but it seems demand has exeeded my expectations and her album sales certainly have.

Well done to Shania!

Yes but you are very happy to advertise the NOW TOUR!
Moshe wrote:TWAIN ADDS EXTRA 02 DATE DUE TO "OVERWHELMING DEMAND".

I can't recall saying that her TOUR would be a flop, can you point that out?
I didn't think her album would sell 100K first week let alone 134K. Its still a big drop from the 870K that UP! opened with in a world where 3 month pre-orders were unheard of and music sold on word of mouth between likeminded excited fans.
I'll still predict that it will take a few years for Shania's NOW album to sell GOLD at retail with 500K actual pure sales. Maybe I'll be proved wrong if it sells like hotcakes in the World Tour via merch desks.

You have however made my mind up once and for all.
I don't like enough of todays "country" music (lucky if its 20%) to carry on posting on this forum. I'll be leaving very soon! :signs061: < moshe
Heaven forbid, if you offer a view on a FORUM you just get jumped on. A Forum used to be a debating ground. This one is just a copy & paste posting one to cement peoples own agendas which happens a lot in the real world.
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:23 pm

livewire wrote:I don't like enough of todays "country" music (lucky if its 20%) to carry on posting on this forum.

I certainly agree with you about liking "today's country", the majority of it leaves me completely cold, but I have to accept it must be ME that's out of sorts rather than the music, cos every other bugger seems to be enjoying it!!! As for posting on the forum, surely it's like that saying about it being better to be IN the tent p*ss*ng out than being outside the tent p*ss*ing in??
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:14 pm

kev wrote:
livewire wrote:I don't like enough of todays "country" music (lucky if its 20%) to carry on posting on this forum.

I certainly agree with you about liking "today's country", the majority of it leaves me completely cold, but I have to accept it must be ME that's out of sorts rather than the music, cos every other bugger seems to be enjoying it!!! As for posting on the forum, surely it's like that saying about it being better to be IN the tent p*ss*ng out than being outside the tent p*ss*ing in??

Depends what you mean about "Today's country".
If you mean the stuff played on country radio, I would agree. But there is alot of varied stuff around.
Most of the artistes I like don't get on US Country radio at all.

When it comes to posting or not posting in a forum, that is of course up to anyone and their inclination.
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:34 pm

Dolly Parton has a children's album out, but for those of us not so much into that, she also appears on the new Miley Cyrus album, "Younger Now", and duetss with Miley on a song they co-wrote.
Dolly, astonishingly, reveals that she hasn't yet heard the finished version of the recording : "I haven't heard it. They haven't talked about it being a single or anything, but we've always wanted to do something together. It's odd that we never have. On different shows ... we'll sing something like "Jolene" or whatever, but we've never recorded anything. So, we wrote that together, and we sing it together. It was so funny, we were both so busy, we were writing on the phone, we were sending tapes back and forth to each other, trying to get all the pieces together, and we did. I'm proud of that. That's another one of those things we felt like the world needed a little message right now. If we could just do a little better, try a little harder, try to get along a little better, we could live in Rainbowland. If nothing else, if we tried a little harder at least we'd be a little more colorful than it is right now, a little brighter, a little shinier out there."
Dolly is surprised to learn that her voicemail to Miley is included on the album. "I'm going to listen to it now!" Dolly exclaims after learning this, saying "I'm going to kick her butt!"
Dolly was surprised to learn that she had got a bashing for appearing on stage with her "9 to 5 co-stars Jane Fonda and Lilly Tomlin. Dolly points out that she never, ever expresses her personal political opinions, so was surprised at the on-line anti-Dolly storm that blew up among more fantayical alt-right dingbats.
Moshe

Ultimate Member

PreviousNext

Return to Worldwide Country Music