Country Exclisives 2017

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Re: Country Exclisives 2017

Postby Moshe » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:00 pm

SEASON 5 of "NASHVILLE" comes to our screens!
SEASON 5 of the hit US drama series "Nashville" reaches British TV screens next friday (28th) on SKY LIVING.
The new season premiers at 9PM.
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:09 am

LADY GAGA is to star in a remake of the classic Hollywoood showbiz drama, "A Star Is Born".
The original came out in 1937 about two movie stars, one on the decline, the other on the rise. I recall the 1970's remake starring Barbra Streisand and Kris kristofferson. All I remember from that is people- usually Kris- throwing stuff about!
The remake has established country star, played by Bradley Cooper, whose career is on the decline, while the rising starlet, plays by Gaga, sees her career flourish.
I just hope the new movie won't have people throwing things about!
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:16 pm

SHANIA- THE DAY I PEED MYSELF ON STAGE.
Shania Twain told James Corden on The Late Late Show on TV that she suffers from stage fright, once so badly that she peed herself on stage.
This occurred when Twain performed an original song of hers for the first time at school.
Twain says that this accident created a puddle at her feet, but the quick thinking lass knocked over a glass of water on the floor to camouflage the mishap that no one knew about it, she says, till now!
Twain is due to release her first album in 15 years after struggling with vocal problems.
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:53 am

After 15 years & many rumours, it has now been officially anounced that Shania Twain will release a new album in September.

In honour of this momentous ocasion, I have started writting a new song. (To the tune of "16 Tons")

All together now....

You wait 15 years
And what do you get?
A new Shania album
But I ain't heard it yet..."
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby kev » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:23 am

Moshe wrote:After 15 years & many rumours, it has now been officially anounced that Shania Twain will release a new album in September.

In honour of this momentous ocasion, I have started writting a new song. (To the tune of "16 Tons")

All together now....

You wait 15 years
And what do you get?
A new Shania album
But I ain't heard it yet..."

Can't wait!! :lol:
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:10 pm

Moshe wrote:After 15 years & many rumours, it has now been officially anounced that Shania Twain will release a new album in September.

This that a "World Exclusive" or a forum exclisive?
They have held back with this album.
I wonder if they are testing the waters first with the single at country radio. If it flops the album might get pulled and it won't be the first one by any means if that happened. Quite a few whole album projects have been scrapped.

Wonder if she will offer a Blue (International), Red (Asian) and Green (Country) versions that happened with UP! Never did like the green one but then the opposite with Come On Over when the US copy was to the one to own.
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:24 pm

No, the album WILL be released in September, regardless of the performance of the single.
They are NOT expecting an international smash, but modest sales powered by residual affection for this Nineties star 7 some nostalgia.

I can exclusively reveal that there will be no Green, red, blue remix versions. That experiment, which came a bit unstuck, happened when Shania was still one of the worlds top selling artistes.

This will not be a grandiose project, but there are modest expectations.
They will be happy with a number 1 country album & a top 10 pop.
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:28 pm

COUNTRY EXCLISIVES- the most read BCM thread!!! :flasher:
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:32 pm

Moshe wrote:No, the album WILL be released in September, regardless of the performance of the single.
They are NOT expecting an international smash, but modest sales powered by residual affection for this Nineties star 7 some nostalgia.

I wonder if the UK version will be detwanged/ remixed and tagged POP and America get the country version.
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:01 pm

livewirer wrote:
Moshe wrote:No, the album WILL be released in September, regardless of the performance of the single.

I wonder if the UK version will be detwanged/ remixed and tagged POP and America get the country version.

Very possible. That is what happened with Shania Twain's nineties albums.
I suspect the album will be a bit middle of the road, anyway, though this is just an assumption. I may be completely wrong.
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:16 pm

Another in our occasional series of Detours round Southern backwaters.
Today we focus on MUSCLE SHOALS, ALABAMA
Muscle Shoals is the largest city in Colbert County, with a population of 13,146.
Best known for it's music, which took in elements of swamp rock, soul & bluesy country, the city rose to prominence in the music scene from the Sixties to the Seventies.
A rash of recording studios developed in the town & attracted a bunch of talented session musicians and stars during its hey day.
Primarily famed for it's soul recordings- Percy Sledge, Aretha franklin and Wilson Picket were regulars in the city's studios- the town also attracted rock stars such as Mick Jagger and Ringo Starr, as well as country acts including Willie nelson, Bobbie gentry and Jerry Reed.
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:05 pm

When most of us hear the words "Nashville Mayor" we think of Rayna James' ex and his dodgy dealings when he was Music City Mayor.
Nashville's real life Mayor, though, is Megan Berry, who has been Mayor of Nashville since 2015.
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:45 pm

Moshe wrote:COUNTRY EXCLISIVES- the most read BCM thread!!! :flasher:

Where can see the stats for this forum. I thought Christian was way out in front?

The Nashville Mayor looks nice.
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:33 pm

Christian's thingy has been there fot the last hundred years. This threa\d started in March this year. So divide the numbers.
This thread gives you everything up front.
On Christian's thread you need to be forever clicking on loads of links. Can't be having that!
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:52 pm

It would be good if the Coding on this Forum allowed you to do more than it does. (Eg Resize photos, embed Facebook, Twitter posts and Spotify music)
That's the reason for the Click through links and why duplicate the information.
On the Country Routes Thread I also share links but the BLOG isn't monetised in the same way as Christian's and I don't ask for MONEY to support country music.

I do and try and actively engage with forum members in the different topics.
livewire

Supreme Member

PreviousNext

Return to Worldwide Country Music