Changing email address

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Changing email address

Postby pamguiness » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:52 pm

Hi there, I hope someone will be able to help as when it comes to computers I just about get by!!

My husband and I have decided to change our internet provider and I was wondering how this will affect the way that I login to the forum as we will have new email addresses.

This is probably very simple to many, but as I say, I'm not very good with technical things.

Thanks.

Pam
pamguiness

Postby Dixie » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:55 pm

Hi Pam,

It shouldn't change th eway you log in - you use a username and password so no Email details are involved.

you will need to go into your profile and change your Email address in there, or anyone who wants to send you an email via the button at the bottom of your posts will send it to your old address. Other than that I don't think there will be any other problems - John will know if there ar eany 'deeper' connections between your account and email address that need to be fixed but I reckon you'll be able to get on the forum just fine.
Neil
Dixie

Postby pamguiness » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:00 pm

Hi Neil, thanks very much for your help. It just goes to show how thick I really am!!

Thanks again.

Pam
pamguiness

Postby sully » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:20 pm

Hi again, Pam here again only this time I've had to log in under my husbands account. I managed to log on no problem after our change of internet provider and e-mail address. As you said Dixie, logging in wasn't a problem, but after going in to my profile and updating my details I have lost my account. It said something about a major change in my profile details means my account had to be deactivated. I was wondering if there was any way my account could be reactivated from your side of things. If not I'll have lost my avatar and I'm not sure how to go about trying to re-register.

Sorry for being a nuisance.

I hope someone will be able to help.

Thanks

Pam
sully

Newbie Member

Postby Dixie » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:36 am

Hi Pam,

You'll need to PM JohnC to see if he can help. He's the site administrator and has mystical powers that us mortals can only dream about :lol:
Neil
Dixie

Postby sully » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:59 am

Thanks again Dixie, I'll give it a go!

Pam
sully

Newbie Member

Return to Howto