Newby, but oldie

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Newby, but oldie

Postby cindy king » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:57 pm

Hi guys, I'm Cindy King. I'm new here. I came accross this place while Googling Bob Powel. I'm looking to find people who knew, or heard of my dad, Ed King, to chat and reminise. He had 3 bands, "The Maverics" in the 50's, "The Ranch Boys" in the 50's and 60's, and " The Country Boys" in the late 60's early 70's. looking forward to any stories,
Take care folks
Cindy x
cindy king

Newbie Member

Re: Newby, but oldie

Postby lo&m » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi Cindy, welcome to the forum. I hope you find what you're looking for.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby Moshe » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:35 am

Hi Cindy. Welcome to the forums. I am afraid i did not know your dad, but I remember bob Powell very well. he was a part of my saturday mornings for years thanks to his london Country shows on BBC Radio london.
Enjoy the forums!

Cindy, it would be great if you could post some info on ed King & his bands in the UK Country section. If you have any links with their music, that would be great,too. see you around :D
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby JohnG » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:16 pm

Hiya Cindy
I hope you'll see this response, although your post was put up a few years ago.
I knew your Dad for a year or so in about '62/'63 and would be happy to chat with you and let you have a 'Ranchboys' photo and a magazine article.
As this is the first forum I've been on, I dont know how to arrange it (I'm not 'authorised' to send a Private Message)but , if you do read this, perhaps you'll be able to advise me.
Alternatively, assuming that the moderators will see this, they might be able to help in contacting you.
Looking forward to hearing from you
John
JohnG

Newbie Member

Postby Unionjack8558 » Fri May 26, 2017 3:45 am

Hi Cindy, I'm the daughter of Gerry Avery who was a very good friend of your dad and played guitar in Ed King and the Ranchboys. I remember your dad but have no stories for you although he made me a pale blue leather case for my transistor radio in the early 60's and I remember his amazing leatherwork. My mum Diana would love to talk to you if you'd like. Val
Unionjack8558

Newbie Member

Return to Introduce yourself