Registering in our forum

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Registering in our forum

Postby JohnC » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:50 pm

We have had so much unwanted and unwelcome postings on our forum recently that we have had to resort to a new method of activating new registrations. The forum now requires that an Administrator must activate all new account registrations.
We do not expect that everybody will be equally as keen as each other about Country Music, but we do welcome everybody who has a genuine interest in Country Music to join our forum.
:bighug:
It is therefore VERY IMPORTANT that you give us some indication that you have a genuine interest in Country Music. In order to do this, please make sure that fill in the boxes that ask for your LOCATION and INTERESTS. Your interests MUST be Country Music related.
Please allow 48 hours for your registration to be activated. If after 48 hours your account has not been activated, and you think that it should have been, you can send an email to: forum@countrymusic.org.uk requesting to know the reasons why. Please include in the Subject: FORUM REGISTRATION so that it will be easily distinguishable.
The MAN, The MYTH, The LEGEND:
John C

Site Admin

Re: Registering in our forum

Postby lo&m » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:33 pm

I am the person who registers new accounts.Two pieces of advice for people wanting to register:

1. Make sure that you follow instruction correctly. I need two emails to register an account, a Forum Activation mail with all your details on and an Activate User Account mail to complete the registration. I am getting some AUA mails without an accompanying FA mail. These are NOT being activated. I will not activate any incomplete registration.

2. If at all possible, Do not use a gmail account to register with. I am receiving some gmail activation requests that have a suspicious mail flag attached by my provider. These too, are NOT being activated. Some of these suspicious mails are obviously spambots. Some however, appear to be genuine. If you have tried joining with a gmail address and have not been activated, try again with a different address.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Return to Before you register