Travellin Rose to appear on CMA 2012

This is the place to discuss Country Music that is specific to the UK

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Travellin Rose to appear on CMA 2012

Postby plainjane on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:38 pm
IP:

Okay......so I have told a lil white lie...but I have your attention don't I... :wink:

Well kelly and I have some brill news....we have been chosen to repersent the UK at the CMA international showcase this june, it will take place in Nashville during the CMA FEST week, at the moment we do not know who else will be joining us....but I will update you as soon as poss....

XxxX :bighug:
plainjane

Re: Travellin Rose to appear on CMA 2012

Postby Smudger on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:14 pm
IP:

Good for you - well done!

As a matter of interest, who chooses the acts for the international showcase?
Smudger
Supreme Member

Postby foot-tapper on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:19 pm
IP:

Guessing it will be at The Stage on Broadway on the Monday night ,or the Second Fiddle on the Tuesday. Which even I've attended them both a couple of times recently as a spectator and had some great evenings of country music .
You'll be in good company with artists from Canada . Europe and Australia and playing to a very packed bar.
Enjoy yourselves - you'll have a great time and well done.
Happiness is a voyage - not a destination
foot-tapper
Supreme Member

Postby foot-tapper on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:24 pm
IP:

This is the press realease for the 2011 events - just to give you an idea of the line ups

International Country Acts Announced for Annual Global Events Shows June 6-7 in Nashville Australian Natives O’Shea and The McClymonts to Host Events (Nashville, Tenn. – May 9, 2011) Eighteen Country artists representing five different countries have been announced for this year’s annual Global Events showcases, held June 6 and 7 during CMA Music Festival week in downtown Nashville, Tenn. Chevrolet Presents The CMA Global Artist Party is held Monday, June 6, at The Stage on Broadway. Kicking off at 6:30 PM/CST with a special performance from legendary guitarist and Australian native Tommy Emmanuel, the evening also features performances from Kaylee Bell (New Zealand), Dean Brody (Canada), Chad Brownlee (Canada), Diana Corcoran (Australia), Luke Dickens (Australia), McAlister Kemp (Australia), O’Shea (Australia), Raintown (UK) and Marlee Scott (Canada). Aussie husband and wife duo O’Shea is hosting the event. Sponsors include Chevrolet, CMA, The Stage on Broadway, Billboard, AristoWorks, and Four Seasons Coach Leasing. The AristoMedia Global Show is held Tuesday, June 7, at noon/CST at famed downtown honkytonk The Second Fiddle. Hosted by Australian sister trio The McClymonts, performers at the AristoMedia Global Show include High Valley (Canada), Brett Kissel (Canada), Ryan Laird (Canada), Mike & Ashley (New Zealand), Craig Morrison (Australia), Six West (Canada), Springfield (Australia), and Steve & Heather (France). Event sponsors include AristoMedia, CMA, The Second Fiddle, Billboard and Four Seasons Coach Leasing. A free lunch will be offered for attendees. “This is the fifth year for our Global Events showcases,” says AristoMedia President and CMA Board member Jeff Walker, who organizes the two shows each year. “These shows are a great way to help kick off CMA Music Fest, and it provides a valuable opportunity for some of these fantastic artists to be heard. The talent pool of international Country acts is very deep, and this year’s events are a good balance of up-and-comers and established veterans.” Past Global Events performers have included Troy Cassar-Daley, Jasmine Rae, George Canyon, The McClymonts, David Bradley, Adam Gregory, Doc Walker and Jessie Farrell, among others. We hope to see you all here this year for another amazing show!
Happiness is a voyage - not a destination
foot-tapper
Supreme Member

Postby munnsie on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:38 pm
IP:

What does Christian have to say about it, has he give the OK ?
Is "lost" and a sinner & Proud of it...!!!!
munnsie
Supreme Member

Postby plainjane on Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:05 pm
IP:

@ smudger, I think anyone can apply (as far as I am aware) and then the final lineup is decided by a comitee within CMA over in nashville....I understand that there were a lot of uk applicants this year, although I was not told who...

@foot-tapper, thanks for all of the info, it has come in quite handy, we enjoyed performing at CMR nashville's international do back in Nov, and we can't wait for june now...we just have to try and get tickets to the fest itself now, we met the McClymonts in Nov, they were lovely...as well as beautiful and very talented young ladies, it would be nice to bump into them again....

@Munnsie, thanks
plainjane

Postby livewirer on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:01 pm
IP:

plainjane wrote:Well kelly and I have some brill news....we have been chosen to repersent the UK at the CMA international showcase this june, it will take place in Nashville during the CMA FEST week, at the moment we do not know who else will be joining us....but I will update you as soon as poss....XxxX :bighug:

WOW! what fantastic news and honour to represent the UK. 8)
The Cadillac Ranch showcase in November must have won over the right people that matter despite not having an album out at the time.
Photo: from last year

Raintown were there last year.
OShea now American based just won an award at the Australian Country Music Awards.
The lovely Marlee Scott represented Canada.
You'll get to meet the President Of The CMA Steve Moore!
ARISTA should provide the Press Release for it around June.
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, 2016 Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewirer
Supreme Member

Return to UK Country music