KALIBRE (COUNTRY ACT)

This is the place to discuss Country Music that is specific to the UK

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

KALIBRE (COUNTRY ACT)

Postby ponsmere on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:16 pm
IP:

HOWDY ALL

JUST WANTED TO TALK A BIT ABOUT A COUNTRY BAND WHO WERE INTRODUCED TO ME BY A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE WHO RUNS THE PONSMERE HOTEL COUNTRY MUSIC FESTIVAL.

A BAND CALLED KALIBRE. I NOW OWN 3 CDS OF THIS BAND, THATS THE WAY LOVE GOES, ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST AND THEIR LATEST ALBUM FOR THE LOVE OF IT. I HAVE TO SAY THAT THEIR SOUND IS EXCEPTIONAL, BOB DIXONS STEEL GUITAR PLAYING IS SOME OF THE BEST I HAVE HERD, MAKES YOU MELT JUST LISTENING TO IT. THE VOCAL ABILITIES OF THIS 4 MEMBER BAND IS SO UNIQUE THE TONE IS PERFECT AND A JOY TO LISTEN TO FOR ANY COUNTRY FAN.

THATS THE WAY LOVE GOES CD WAS A TRIBUTE TO THE GREAT MERLE HAGGARD AND WAS BRILLIANT. I LISTEN TO THIS CD ON REPEAT WITHOUT EVER GETTING BORD. THE ONLY SAD THING IS THAT THIS BAND DONT HAVE A WEBSITE AND ARE ONLY DOING THE GIG SCENE. I FEEL THEY DESERVE A MUCH HIGHER ACCLAIM.

THEY APPEAR AS RESIDENT ARTISTS AT THE PONSMERE HOTEL COUNTRY MUSIC FESTIVAL IN CORNWALL EVERY YEAR AND HAVE A SECTION WHERE YOU CAN HEAR SOUND CLIPS ON THE FESTIVALS WEBSITE. IF YA GET CHANCE HAVE A LISTEN.

www.ponsmerehotelcountrymusicfestival.piczo.com

MANY THANKS

STEVE BOOKER
PONSMERE HOTEL COUNTRY MUSIC FESTIVAL, PERRANPORTH, CORNWALL. THE NUMBER ONE COUNTRY MUSIC FESTIVAL IN CORNWALL.
ponsmere

Kalibre

Postby Country Caz on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:53 pm
IP:

Hi Steve

Where have you been, if you have only just been introduced to the work of 'Kalibre', they have been around a long while and apart from being in my personal Top 5 of artists, they have a huge following and are hugely popular.

Most fans of Kalibre see them as often as we can and just love them, and although there may not have a website, Bob Dixon can be emailed to keep you up to date with the gig guides, new albums etc.

As for 'Steelys' Bob is definitely is absolutely one of the best.

Keep it Country
Country Caz
Country Caz

Postby greenfeld69 on Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:00 pm
IP:

Do they have a MySpace or anything?

Anybody that does a Merle tribute is alright by me! Paycheck's will take some beating, mind...
Check out my music: www.stevemccormick.co.uk

"The perfect antithesis to all those substandard British country singers...not only is he damn good, but he is different and distinctive." - Alan Cackett, Maverick.
greenfeld69

kalibre's web presence

Postby dodobassman on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:14 pm
IP:

the only web presence i am aware of is a site i set up
www.myspace.com/kalibrecountryband
it has 4 self penned numbers on it - but no merle haggard
kalibre are a duo now - i left in april - but i believe that mark jacobs will be standing in with them at the ponsmere to make up the trio.

dale james.
concerned about money? like to save some or make some?
www.save-you-money.com
no boss - residual income - no stock - no hassle - earn money by saving other people money!
dodobassman

Re: KALIBRE (COUNTRY ACT)

Postby sealover1 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:07 pm
IP:

Hi guys I know this is an old thread but does anyone know how to contact KALIBRE or Bob Dixon please? Thanks
sealover1
Newbie Member

Postby Smudger on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:29 pm
IP:

sealover1 wrote:Hi guys I know this is an old thread but does anyone know how to contact KALIBRE or Bob Dixon please? Thanks

I know somebody who will know. Mark Hills (ex Spur, now Renegade with Dale James) His email address is mark-hills@live.co.uk
Smudger
Supreme Member

Postby Hillbilly Carl on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:14 pm
IP:

Smudger wrote:
sealover1 wrote:Hi guys I know this is an old thread but does anyone know how to contact KALIBRE or Bob Dixon please? Thanks

I know somebody who will know. Mark Hills (ex Spur, now Renegade with Dale James) His email address is mark-hills@live.co.uk

Kalibre can be contacted via E-mail : kalibrecountryband@gmail.com
Hillbilly Carl
Newbie Member

Return to UK Country music