Room Full Of Roses With 16 Year Old Pedal Steel Guitarist

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Room Full Of Roses With 16 Year Old Pedal Steel Guitarist

Postby Steven Hicken Jr » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:45 pm

Here's Me And The Family Band Playing "Room Full Of Roses" At The Leeds Irish Center.
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWg13zUWWPs
Steven Hicken Jr

Re: Room Full Of Roses With 16 Year Old Pedal Steel Guitaris

Postby kev » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:52 am

Morning! Sounds good to me, love that song! The video (and the other one you posted) is very dark though, which is a shame. Good luck for the future!
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby Steven Hicken Jr » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:46 am

Thanks Kev! Getting A New Camera As We Speak. This Was Recorded On A Phone :)
Steven Hicken Jr

Postby Smudger » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:15 pm

Very talented family with a very talented steel guitar player! Would like to see you guys live - doing any festivals next year?
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby Steven Hicken Jr » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:40 pm

Hi Smudger

Nothings Planned Yet. This Was A 1 Off Gig For The Family As The Old Band "Blueridge" Have Not Played For 10 Or So Years. Just Thought I'd Post Some Country Music For You To Enjoy.

It's An Honor For Me To Play With The Band I Grew Up Watching. My Dad Was The Original Steel Player As You'll Find Out With My Next Post.

Thanks For The Complements On My Playing. I'm Sure The Lads Will Be Very Happy When I Pass On Your Complements! :D
Steven Hicken Jr

Postby lo&m » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:31 pm

I've seen all your videos now, including the unposted ones in the youtube sidebar. You're a talented young man who obviously comes from a talented family. Playing music with loved ones is a wonderful thing. I wish you well for your future.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby Steven Hicken Jr » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:24 pm

Thanks!
Steven Hicken Jr

Postby DavidMHolbrook » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:06 am

Hi, I'm new to this Community - only found it by searching for 'Blueridge' on Google, so, I joined to find out more.
I was involved with the band some 15 or more years ago, and just wondered what had happened in the interim?
Any news is welcome. Cheers.
DavidMHolbrook

Newbie Member

Postby Steven Hicken Jr » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:30 pm

DavidMHolbrook wrote:Hi, I'm new to this Community - only found it by searching for 'Blueridge' on Google, so, I joined to find out more.
I was involved with the band some 15 or more years ago, and just wondered what had happened in the interim?
Any news is welcome. Cheers.

Hi David!

Blueridge folded about 2005. However a new band has reformed with some of the old members called The Rykers and we are putting stuff on the web.

http://www.therykers.com/

You can find some of the old Blueridge stuff at this site too, and also the current band.

Sorry for the late reply.
Steven Hicken Jr

Postby DavidMHolbrook » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:49 pm

:D Well. well, on a whim I just logged on to the BCMC site with a view to leaving, when, lo and behold, I found your reply! You, very courteously, apologised for the delay in your response, so, I must, of course, do the same, but, I did think I might get an email or some other notification that there had been a comment on the post...
nevertheless, never mind eh? All's well that ends well. I often remember, with great fondness, the Blueridge rehearsal I attended and the gig at the South Leeds Stadium.
Looking back, I do wish I had spent more time with the band, however, at that time I hadn't developed the great love I now have of Country Music (British or otherwise), so, I guess that was an obstacle to real engagement. What a shame though, as opportunities like that, to get involved with some really talented musicians, don't come along that often in life.
Good luck with the new band.
DavidMHolbrook

Newbie Member

Return to UK Country music